Odd TFR

Old February 1st 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Odd TFR

"John Theune" wrote in message
newsE3Ef.16060$oo1.9910@trnddc02...
john smith wrote:
While I don't agree in the need for the ADIZ, I think in this case it's
more justified then normal. The entire leadership of our country ( Both
sides )is in one building for the sotu and it's a good idea to ratchet up
security for that event.

Which doesn't mean anything since we would elect new ones within 30 days.
There is no reason for everyone to gather except for a media event
(marketing by the political parties).
The constitution says something about the president going before
congress, by that can be done electronically, the same as he/she does
when going before the American public.
The State of the Union would possibly be shorter because there would be
no delays for choreographed applause.

and given the worst case scenario of all the likely candidates dying in
one attack, just where will you find the new leaders?

Just about anywhere and everywhere. Wannabe politicians are as rare as
dirt. We have at least 7 hats in the ring for governor.

Old February 1st 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Dave Stadt" wrote)
Just about anywhere and everywhere. Wannabe politicians are as rare as
dirt. We have at least 7 hats in the ring for governor.

This guy has been interviewed on radio, TV, in newspapers ...now he's going
to jail.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/s13379.html
You can't make this stuff up.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S13863.html?cat=1
Oops. Off to jail son. Bad Impaler. Bad.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/s13470.html
However, his witchy wife has a strong case, IMHO. $$$$$

Montblack
Great, another grappler in the Governor's mansion.

Old February 1st 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"John Theune" wrote in message
GA is never going to convince the rest of the world
that we are being unfairly picked on unless we show
that we can live with reasonable restrictions and I
don't think closing the airspace around DC for 4
HOURs is unreasonable.

GA is going to learn the same thing that gun owners have learned over the
years... Compromise never ends and once you've given up part of your right,
it's next to impossible to get it back... The anti-GA people won't be happy
until they have gotten all of us out of the sky... Every concession that we
make are just getting us closer to this condition...

Old February 1st 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

John Theune wrote:
blanche cohen wrote:
There's a TFR today over DC for the State of the Union address.
I don't understand why when there's been a massive one in
place for the past 4 years.

not exist for GA. Let's not over react to reasonable measures just
because they are over shadowed by un reasonable ones.

John -- I wasn't overreacting, I was trying to understand the
the difference between this short-term TFR and the ADIX/FRZ in general.

Old February 1st 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message ...
And how do you know that they are screwing camels?

Are you saying that you have some sort of firsthand knowledge that they
prefer sheep?

Old February 1st 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
"John Theune" wrote in message
newsE3Ef.16060$oo1.9910@trnddc02...
and given the worst case scenario of all the likely candidates dying in
one attack, just where will you find the new leaders?

From the various states, their governors, legislatures, etc... The country
would go on...

Certain politicians do not attend the State of The Union Message for the
very reason that if something were to happen there would still be small but
functioning government.

Old February 1st 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

John Theune wrote:
Rachel wrote:

John Theune wrote:

blanche cohen wrote:

There's a TFR today over DC for the State of the Union address.
I don't understand why when there's been a massive one in
place for the past 4 years.

While I don't agree in the need for the ADIZ, I think in this case
it's more justified then normal. The entire leadership of our
country ( Both sides )is in one building for the sotu and it's a good
idea to ratchet up security for that event. It's only 4 hours and if
it were not for the ADIZ I don't think anyone would complain about
it. While the risk of a light plane actually doing any damage is
small, let's face it, you could load 500 pounds or so of high
explosive into a 172 and that would make a fairly big hole in the
capital building. I think that preventing that kind of attack should
start way before the plane gets in the air, but for a short amount of
time closing the airspace does make sense. The security on commercial
aircraft now makes the possibility of another 911 attack remote but
that level of screening and airmarshalls just does not exist for GA.
Let's not over react to reasonable measures just because they are
over shadowed by un reasonable ones.

Sure, a light plane might poke a hole in a builing. Maybe. But as
fuzzy as my memory is, I remember a couple heavy airliners doing a lot
more damage a few years ago. Yet no one is calling for airline
traffic to be disrupted into the area. Why?

Rachel;
Did you read my post? Let's face it, you can turn a 172 into a cruise
missile like device. It's not very likely and the solution to that
problem should not be to close the airspace all the time, but for a
special occasion like the SOTU where all the leadership of both parties
are in a single building, then it does make sense to try to make it as
secure as possible. GA is never going to convince the rest of the world
that we are being unfairly picked on unless we show that we can live
with reasonable restrictions and I don't think closing the airspace
around DC for 4 HOURs is unreasonable.

I did read your post. I still believe that GA is being singled out.
Why is airline traffic allowed to continue when small aircraft are not?
It's been demonstrated that large aircraft, on IFR flight plans, are a
risk.
Old February 1st 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Rachel wrote:
blanche cohen wrote:
There's a TFR today over DC for the State of the Union address.
I don't understand why when there's been a massive one in
place for the past 4 years.

Well, you know, those small GA aircraft are SUCH a security risk.

How about big, jet powered, GA aircraft?

--

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

Old February 1st 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Darrell S wrote:
Rachel wrote:

blanche cohen wrote:

There's a TFR today over DC for the State of the Union address.
I don't understand why when there's been a massive one in
place for the past 4 years.

Well, you know, those small GA aircraft are SUCH a security risk.

How about big, jet powered, GA aircraft?

It was sarcasm.

Personally, I think it's funny that a 737 under operated under part 91
is banned, but allowed under 121. Just strange.