Odd TFR

Old February 1st 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Odd TFR

Dave Stadt wrote:
Certain politicians do not attend the State of The Union Message for the
very reason that if something were to happen there would still be small but
functioning government.

I once interviewed for a job in the financial world that had the same
deal. Every employee was required to work from home one day a week,
to ensure that there would be something left of the company should the
office be attacked.

It is also very common for companies to forbid more than N officers
(or X% of any department) to fly on the same airline flight.
Old February 1st 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

and given the worst case scenario of all the likely candidates dying in
one attack, just where will you find the new leaders?

What makes you think there is a shortage of wannabe politicians?
Old February 2nd 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

John Theune wrote:

and given the worst case scenario of all the likely candidates dying in
one attack, just where will you find the new leaders?

John, I could do much better than many of the congressmen/senators.
And I would be ethical.

Ron Lee

Old February 2nd 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"John Theune" wrote in message

Let's face it, you can turn a 172 into a cruise
missile like device. It's not very likely and the solution to that
problem should not be to close the airspace all the time, but for a
special occasion like the SOTU where all the leadership of both parties
are in a single building, then it does make sense to try to make it as
secure as possible. GA is never going to convince the rest of the world
that we are being unfairly picked on unless we show that we can live with
reasonable restrictions and I don't think closing the airspace around DC
for 4 HOURs is unreasonable.

And just how do these TFRs make the airspace as secure as possible?

Old February 2nd 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"John Theune" wrote in message

Let's face it, you can turn a 172 into a cruise
missile like device. It's not very likely and the solution to that
problem should not be to close the airspace all the time, but for a
special occasion like the SOTU where all the leadership of both parties
are in a single building, then it does make sense to try to make it as
secure as possible. GA is never going to convince the rest of the world
that we are being unfairly picked on unless we show that we can live with
reasonable restrictions and I don't think closing the airspace around DC
for 4 HOURs is unreasonable.

And just how do these TFRs make the airspace as secure as possible?

Simple, if you in the TFR then you are a threat and can be dealt with.
How they choose to deal with the threat is another story. The current
ADIZ is not at all secure, since anyone can call and file a ADIZ flight
plan. The current method has all of the problems and none of the gains
for controlling airspace. Except it make the general population feel
better.
Old February 3rd 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Simple, if you in the TFR then you are a threat and can be dealt with. How
they choose to deal with the threat is another story.

How are they dealt with?