DESTROY ALL OIL INSTALLATIONS!!!

Old August 27th 03, 08:37 PM
PirateJohn

Default DESTROY ALL OIL INSTALLATIONS!!!

There is NO evidence that the US is taking any Iraqi oil so
that assertion is a complete lie.

I don't know about that. There have been rumors for some time, backed up by
aerial photos that have been in the public domain, that indicate that pipelines
from the Iraqi oil fields to Kuwait are either active or under construction.

And there have been riots in Iraq because the locals claimed that the oil was
being stolen.

On top of that, CNN reported a few weeks ago that the Bush administration was
admitting that something on the order of $250K of oil a day was vanishing and
they didn't know where.

I don't know how much more evidence you would want, but we invaded Iraq with a
lot less evidence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Keeper of the Humour List at
http://members.aol.com/PirateJohn/pirate1.html

"Mother, mother ocean... I have heard your call" - Jimmy Buffett, A Pirate
Looks At Forty.

Old August 27th 03, 09:11 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
OSPAM (PirateJohn) wrote:

There is NO evidence that the US is taking any Iraqi oil so
that assertion is a complete lie.

I don't know about that. There have been rumors for some time,
backed up by aerial photos that have been in the public domain, that
indicate that pipelines from the Iraqi oil fields to Kuwait are
either active or under construction.

Even if oil pipelines are under construction into Kuwait, where else do
you think they should build pipelines *to*? It has the closest good
port for shipping oil, along with some good refineries. You think they
should just keep dealing with Syria and Jordan, or maybe run a pipeline
across the border to Iraq?

And there have been riots in Iraq because the locals claimed that the
oil was being stolen.

There have also been riots in Iraq because people thought US soldiers
were using X-ray sunglasses to look through the clothes of Iraqi women.
They also believe that our guys are all wearing refrigeration units
underneath their body armor to keep cool...

On top of that, CNN reported a few weeks ago that the Bush
administration was admitting that something on the order of $250K of
oil a day was vanishing and they didn't know where.

It's the same old smuggling situation that has existed in Iraq ever
since the embargo was started. There's probably a couple of small
pipelines running out to the Syrian border, or someone is just
overestimating the amount of normal production.

I don't know how much more evidence you would want, but we invaded
Iraq with a lot less evidence.

You consider two rumors and one report about bootlegged oil to be
"evidence" that the US is taking the oil? Compared to years and years
of Iraq blowing off multiple UN resolutions and supporting terror across
the world?

Reality check time.

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old August 31st 03, 04:46 AM
PirateJohn

*plonk*

clearly nothing of use is coming from this idiot ... obviously killfile
material