Sun N Fun Pix -- Better Late than Never!

Old May 10th 04, 02:39 AM
Jay Honeck

Nice, isn't it. It took a long time, but we're proud of the the whole
place.

It's an awesome FBO! The only one I've seen in Iowa that comes close is in
Ottumwa, where they recently put a couple of million bucks into a new,
totally unnecessary terminal building. (They're hoping to lure regional air
service back...)

Next time you're at the old maintenance hangar, tell 'em that the stupid
Yankees from Iowa who blew crap all over their hangar is still feeling badly
about it.

Please come back. I was way too harsh on you with your red-neck
comments. Us red-necks have some pretty thick skin. I think you know
what I mean.

Well, we've got to stop *somewhere* for gas and lunch, en route to Florida.
It'll always be a toss-up between Muscle Shoals and Huntsville, I suspect.

NEXT time, we'll plan better -- and lunch will be on us!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 10th 04, 03:01 AM
Jay Honeck

I'm from East Tennessee.

Just curious: Is there a reason for specifying "East" Tennessee?
Different accents in the east, versus the rest of the state?

I ask because that's very true in Iowa. You get south of Ottumwa, and a
significant portion of the population has a pronounced southern accent,
albeit quite different from the "y'all" chick in Alabama.

In the rest of the state, everyone sounds like Dan Rather.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 10th 04, 03:48 AM
Newps

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I'm from East Tennessee.

Just curious: Is there a reason for specifying "East" Tennessee?

I work with a guy who used to live in North Georgia. Not just regular
Georgia, but North Georgia. As if it makes a difference to the 99.9% of us
not from there. People from the South are weird this way, in addition to
talking funny.

Old May 10th 04, 04:09 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

Just curious: Is there a reason for specifying "East" Tennessee?

There are sufficient reasons that the "welcome" signs at the Tennessee borders used
to say "Welcome to the Three Great States of Tennessee". I am in central New Jersey
at the moment. If I drove to the point in Tennessee which is closest to me, I would
not be even halfway to Memphis. When you have an area that long, you can expect a lot
of differences in the residents.

George Patterson
If you don't tell lies, you never have to remember what you said.
Old May 10th 04, 01:48 PM
EDR

In article G3Bnc.60115$Ik.4690154@attbi_s53, Jay Honeck
wrote:

Next time you're at the old maintenance hangar, tell 'em that the stupid
Yankees from Iowa who blew crap all over their hangar is still feeling badly
about it.

Yankees's?
Iowan's?
I thought you were carpetbaggers!
What was that Kansas-Nebraska thing all about? 44/40 or Fight?
(High school was a LONG time ago!)
Old May 10th 04, 01:49 PM
EDR

In article VnBnc.60216$Ik.4694829@attbi_s53, Jay Honeck
wrote:

I'm from East Tennessee.

Just curious: Is there a reason for specifying "East" Tennessee?
Different accents in the east, versus the rest of the state?

Jay, think Mississippi and North Carolina.
Do they sound the same when they talk?
Old May 10th 04, 07:02 PM
G.R. Patterson III

EDR wrote:

Yankees's?

To an Alabaman, he's a Yankee.

Old May 10th 04, 11:47 PM
Mike Weller

On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:39:03 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

She started every, single, sentence, the
entire time we were there, with "Y'all" -- my kids couldn't stop

laughing!

Laugh if you want to.

I'm reminded of a story, where the head Rabbi of Boston was asked to
address the congregation of the largest Catholic Church in a some sort
in inter-faith occasion.

He began with "I'm glad yoose guys are here".

A murmur ran through the crowd and escaped to climb the putpit and
bite the Rabbi on the butt.

Chastened, he quickly re-worded his introduction to "I'm glad you all
are here".

A breath of fresh air flowed in and the Rabbi's pants were
miraculously repaired.

He's now a rocket scientist here in Huntsville, and begins every
sentence with "Y'all". He's also a Baptist.

Mike Weller

Old May 11th 04, 04:19 AM
Jay Honeck

He's now a rocket scientist here in Huntsville, and begins every
sentence with "Y'all". He's also a Baptist.

Good one...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 11th 04, 06:28 AM
Mike Money

Jay,

Knew you'd finally lightin' up. Ya'll managed to tick off half the
country.

Mike $$$