New book / close calls / accident prevention / Bob Wander

Old September 11th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default New book / close calls / accident prevention / Bob Wander

To: rec.aviation.soaring readers/visitors worldwide
From: Bob Wander, Minnesota, USA
New book / accident prevention for glider pilots.

Hi Folks,
I am assembling a new book that is a compilation of 'close calls' that
could have resulted, or did result, in a glider accident or towplane
accident.
My intent is to publish the book under as a new book in the 'Gliding
Mentor' book series that I publish; this volume will be the eighth book
in that series.

Do you know of a close call? A close call is an event that
1. COULD have resulted in a gliding accident,
or,
2. DID result in a gliding accident; an accident that except for luck
or good karma, could have been much more serious than it turned out to
be.

I have multiple accounts in hand. I would like to have more accounts.
In particular I am seeking accurate accounts of any incident(s):
1. That you have personally participated in or personally witnessed
first-hand,
and
2. That you think contains a lesson for the rest of us to help us all
fly more safely.
If you would like to contribute, please email me at .
Please do NOT include the names of any participants (other than your
own name) in your account.
A brief note on what lesson the close call teaches us would also be
appreciated.

The names of all contributors will be kept confidential in the
published version of the new book.

If your contribution is included in the new book, you will receive a
free copy when it is released.
You will also receive your choice of any two of the other seven books
in the Gliding Mentor series:
Thermals (Rolf Hertenstein)
Towpilot Manual (Burt Compton)
End Of The Line: Glider Pilot Aerotow Manual (Murray Shain)
Cross Country Manual For Glider Pilots (Dean Carswell)
Breaking The Apron Strings: Soaring Cross Country (Phil Petmecky)
Practical Wave Flying (Mark Palmer)
Final Four: Making Safe Glider Outlandings (Don Ingraham).

Thank you and safe soaring to all,
Bob Wander
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
General Editor and publisher of the Gliding Mentor book series
Email address:

Website:
www.bobwander.com

-end.