USAir 'S' Upside Down

Old March 31st 07, 02:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Digital Voices

Default USAir 'S' Upside Down

Check out the 'S' on this vintage USAir fuselage, it's upside down.
It sort of typifies the carriers history.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5946169

Paul

Old April 1st 07, 03:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
David[_3_]

"Digital Voices" wrote in message ...
Check out the 'S' on this vintage USAir fuselage, it's upside down.
It sort of typifies the carriers history.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5946169

Paul

That's a former Piedmont 737, I wouldn't doubt if it was a Piedmont mechanic
that put it on that way to show their displeasure with the merger.

David

Old April 1st 07, 09:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
David[_3_]

"Les Matheson" wrote in message ...
With a US on the end of the registration, I bet it was USAir all the time.

Les

It is a Piedmont paint scheme as for the registration number it may
for some unknown reason be that USAir changed it over.
The registration search comes back as being registered in Lebanon now.

Here is a link to a similar ship where you can clearly see that it was
a Piedmont a/c and it is ship number 242.
http://tinyurl.com/2vqx9x

David

Old April 2nd 07, 01:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ken Murphy

"David" wrote in message
"Les Matheson" wrote in message ...
With a US on the end of the registration, I bet it was USAir all the

time.

Les

It is a Piedmont paint scheme as for the registration number it may
for some unknown reason be that USAir changed it over.
The registration search comes back as being registered in Lebanon now.

Here is a link to a similar ship where you can clearly see that it was
a Piedmont a/c and it is ship number 242.
http://tinyurl.com/2vqx9x

David

David - it is quite common in the States. USAirways is re-registering
their a/c as they get painted into their new scheme after the merger
with America West.
This a/c is indeed an ex Piedmont, originally N793N.

Ken

Old April 2nd 07, 01:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
David[_3_]

David - it is quite common in the States. USAirways is re-registering
their a/c as they get painted into their new scheme after the merger
with America West.
This a/c is indeed an ex Piedmont, originally N793N.

Ken

I guess they must have the money to spend.
My company (should I say the company I work for) did not bother
to change the registration numbers on any of the planes after either
merger/buyout. For years you could spot a former Western or
Pan Am plane in the fleet by its registration number.
Most of those are gone now, but not forgotten.

David

Old April 2nd 07, 02:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ken Murphy

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 08:10:48 -0400, "David" wrote:

I guess they must have the money to spend.
My company (should I say the company I work for) did not bother
to change the registration numbers on any of the planes after either
merger/buyout. For years you could spot a former Western or
Pan Am plane in the fleet by its registration number.
Most of those are gone now, but not forgotten.

David

Quite agree with you David. The aircraft of the companies that merged
to form Canadian Airlines kept the former registrations. The ex
Canadian Airlines a/c kept their original registrations, only some
fleet numbers were changed to avoid conflicts when Canadian was merged
into Air Canada.

Ken.

Old April 3rd 07, 03:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Les Matheson

Exactly why I thought this was an original U.S. Air jet.

Les

"Ken Murphy" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 08:10:48 -0400, "David" wrote:

I guess they must have the money to spend.
My company (should I say the company I work for) did not bother
to change the registration numbers on any of the planes after either
merger/buyout. For years you could spot a former Western or
Pan Am plane in the fleet by its registration number.
Most of those are gone now, but not forgotten.

David

Quite agree with you David. The aircraft of the companies that merged
to form Canadian Airlines kept the former registrations. The ex
Canadian Airlines a/c kept their original registrations, only some
fleet numbers were changed to avoid conflicts when Canadian was merged
into Air Canada.

Ken.

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Old April 3rd 07, 08:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Digital Voices wrote in
:

Check out the 'S' on this vintage USAir fuselage, it's upside down.
It sort of typifies the carriers history.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5946169

=)

~Somewhere~ in the mess I call a slide collection, I have photos of a three-
eyed Alaska Eskimo on an MD-80...

Bob ^,,^