Centenial TFR

Old December 15th 03, 11:38 AM
Roger Long

Default Centenial TFR

I just read that Bush will speak at the Kill Devils Hill bash. Does this
mean that the Wright Flyer won't be able take off?

Nothing else will be flying, how inappropriate.

--
Roger Long

Old December 15th 03, 02:11 PM
Neil Gould

Recently, Roger Long om
posted:

I just read that Bush will speak at the Kill Devils Hill bash. Does
this mean that the Wright Flyer won't be able take off?

Nothing else will be flying, how inappropriate.

I can think of nothing that better represents Bush's notion of
self-importance. If he really had a clue, he'd stay as far away from the
event as he could, so that Americans could celebrate the occassion
joyously by participating in this activity that we all love so dearly.
Instead, he chooses to shut it down, and put the focus on himself. Sheesh.

Neil

Old December 15th 03, 02:38 PM
Roger Long

I get pretty down on Bush and then I realize that I'm being unfair. The
presidency is a very tough job and there is a lot more to it than being
intelligent, articulate, informed, and reasonable.

--
Roger Long
Neil Gould wrote in message
nk.net...
Recently, Roger Long om
posted:

Old December 15th 03, 09:56 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

"Roger Long" om writes:

I get pretty down on Bush and then I realize that I'm being unfair. The
presidency is a very tough job and there is a lot more to it than being
intelligent, articulate, informed, and reasonable.

Yeah, but he's not good at those other parts either.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, , www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
RKBA: noguns-nomoney.com www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old December 15th 03, 11:01 PM
Roger Long

I guess you need the inflection of speech to appreciate the joke. When I
heard it, it was clear that the guy telling it meant to say that Jr. was
none of those things.

--
Roger Long

Old December 16th 03, 12:50 AM
David Brooks

Well, I can't pick out who's being ironic and who isn't here.

With one view of the presidency, there actually *isn't* a lot more to it
than being intelligent, articulate, informed, and reasonable.

For another view what matters are all those personal characteristics like
decisiveness and charm. Which, of course, are incredibly dangerous when not
accompanied by being intelligent, articulate, informed, and reasonable.

-- David Brooks

"Roger Long" om wrote in
message ...

Old December 15th 03, 10:12 PM
Dennis O'Connor

So, you truly believe that Clinton, Johnson, Kennedy, Truman, or Roosevelt
wouldn't have gone to Kill Devil to speechify if it happened on their watch?

Denny

"Neil Gould" wrote in Instead, he chooses to shut
it down, and put the focus on himself. Sheesh.

Old December 15th 03, 10:43 PM
Neil Gould

Recently, Dennis O'Connor posted:

So, you truly believe that Clinton, Johnson, Kennedy, Truman, or
Roosevelt wouldn't have gone to Kill Devil to speechify if it
happened on their watch?

Denny

"Neil Gould" wrote in Instead, he chooses
to shut it down, and put the focus on himself. Sheesh.

I'm saying that one should consider the consequences of one's actions. In
this case, if the actions serve to prohibit that which you are reputedly
celebrating, it should at least be cause for pause. What percentage of the
audience do you suspect will be receptive to the idea of a TFR being
imposed while they're being blown at? He should give the speech from the
White House lawn, where it can be duly ignored by those of us who'd rather
fly.

Neil

Old December 17th 03, 02:30 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Dennis O'Connor wrote:

So, you truly believe that Clinton, Johnson, Kennedy, Truman, or Roosevelt
wouldn't have gone to Kill Devil to speechify if it happened on their watch?

I don't believe any of them would do it if they were president today.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually
said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old December 17th 03, 12:01 AM
Mutts

One of the most important inventions to mankind? Powered Flight.
Invented by Americans, on the centennial...
Kennedy? Kennedy? "WE CHOOSE TO GO TO THE MOON" That Kennedy?
Wouldnt show up? yeah right! To bad we couldnt bet on that one.

Ok so worst case 0700-1200 local for the TFR. yeah it sucks but
plenty of daylight left to fly.

In article , says...