Electrical system for Champ 7DC?

Old October 23rd 03, 02:11 AM
Jimmy Cash

Default Electrical system for Champ 7DC?

Hey everybody,
I'm new to the Champ culture, but I'm learning fast. I'm considering a
Champ 7AC, converted to 7DC with battery and starter.

I am an A&P, and I want to get an idea of what it would take to install a
full electrical system to power a radio and transponder.

I'm thinking about the gear driven B&C alternator, if the STC exists. I
understand the transponder issue, can't go back.

I guess my big question is how to do the paperwork. Is there an STC for the
electrical system? Do I just go get a field approval from the FSDO?

Thanks in advance.
Jimmy Cash

Old October 27th 03, 02:51 AM
john price

Jim...

2 suggestions... Get on the National Aeronca Association site
(http://www.aeroncapilots.com/disc/) and get hold of Charlie
Lasher's Aeronca books... His grandson David hangs out
on the NAA site... STCs already exist I believe for what
you want to do... Forget field approvals lately!!!

John Price
CFII/AGI/IGI
http://home.att.net/~jm.price

"Jimmy Cash" wrote in message
Hey everybody,
I'm new to the Champ culture, but I'm learning fast. I'm considering a
Champ 7AC, converted to 7DC with battery and starter.

I am an A&P, and I want to get an idea of what it would take to install a
full electrical system to power a radio and transponder.

I'm thinking about the gear driven B&C alternator, if the STC exists. I
understand the transponder issue, can't go back.

I guess my big question is how to do the paperwork. Is there an STC for

the
electrical system? Do I just go get a field approval from the FSDO?

Thanks in advance.
Jimmy Cash

Mooney Electrical System Jon Kraus Piloting 1 September 13th 04 07:01 PM
Electrical system Sam Fly Home Built 0 April 1st 04 03:12 AM
B-36 electrical system Q. John Mackesy Military Aviation 2 July 18th 03 05:41 AM