A question about the Transall C160

Old September 28th 03, 01:39 PM
tscottme

Skysurfer wrote in message
. 0.136...
tscottme wrote :

In backward America we have these super-secret government agents
called "weather forecasters" that spy on the enemy. We use an
antiquated device called "air conditioner" and survive 120 degree
weather in large parts of the country.

Can't you read ? Most of the death occured in northern France.
Have you seen the latitude of Paris compared to New York ?
What if there were a snow storm in Miami ??

Tell me, if France doesn't contribute to fighting terrorism how is
anyone to notice.

Can't you read ? There are french soldiers in Afghanistan.

Like I said the French hope nothing unusual happens and then are
thoroughly unprepared when it does.

You say French soldiers are in Afghanistan, give them both my regards.

--

Scott
--------

Old September 28th 03, 02:47 PM
Skysurfer

tscottme wrote :

Like I said the French hope nothing unusual happens and then are
thoroughly unprepared when it does.

Your sentence doesn't mean anything ...

Do I say that the USA were not prepared to the september the 11th ?

In 1994, a French Airbus was hijacked by islamists who wanted to crash
it on Paris. All terrorist were killed by french spécial forces GIGN
(you know, the "surrending monkeys").
http://www.specialoperations.com/Cou...rism/gign.html
Old September 28th 03, 02:54 PM
Bill Silvey

"Skysurfer" wrote in message
. 0.136
tscottme wrote :

In backward America we have these super-secret government agents
called "weather forecasters" that spy on the enemy. We use an
antiquated device called "air conditioner" and survive 120 degree
weather in large parts of the country.

Can't you read ? Most of the death occured in northern France.
Have you seen the latitude of Paris compared to New York ?
What if there were a snow storm in Miami ??

Hey asshole, I live in Florida. We get hard freezes as far south as
Bradenton. Eighteen thousand people do NOT die from it every year.

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.

Old September 28th 03, 04:28 PM
Brian

The heat wave in France this last summer was an extreme case - How many
Americans die in Chicago or New York during the occasional heatwaves - let
alone the few that freeze to death in the winter (and they should be USED to
the winter.

--
Brian - harpoon at thegrafixguy dot com

"Bill Silvey" wrote in message
om...
"Skysurfer" wrote in message
. 0.136

Old September 28th 03, 04:40 PM
Thomas Schoene

"Skysurfer" wrote in message
. 0.136
tscottme wrote :

Like I said the French hope nothing unusual happens and then are
thoroughly unprepared when it does.

Your sentence doesn't mean anything ...

Do I say that the USA were not prepared to the september the 11th ?

In 1994, a French Airbus was hijacked by islamists who wanted to crash
it on Paris. All terrorist were killed by french spécial forces GIGN
(you know, the "surrending monkeys").
http://www.specialoperations.com/Cou...rism/gign.html

Well done for GIGN.

However, one does wonder how serious these terrorists were about blowing up
the plane over Paris, given that they actually landed the plane first. How
would GIGN have been able to intervene if a plane had simply flown from
Algiers to Paris direct, with the hijackers only taking over after it was
airborne?

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

Old September 28th 03, 05:06 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:29:57 -0500, "tscottme"
wrote:

Alan Minyard wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 04:09:24 GMT, "Brian"
wrote:

Jeez, talk about yesterdays views - get off the France bashing

already and
get back into life - I supposed you have stopped eating French Fries

too?

France is an enemy nation.

Al Minyard

Not for the terrorists.

Too true!!

Al Minyard
Old September 28th 03, 05:06 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:57:25 +0200, Skysurfer wrote:

tscottme wrote :

In backward America we have these super-secret government agents
called "weather forecasters" that spy on the enemy. We use an
antiquated device called "air conditioner" and survive 120 degree
weather in large parts of the country.

Can't you read ? Most of the death occured in northern France.
Have you seen the latitude of Paris compared to New York ?
What if there were a snow storm in Miami ??

No problem, we would build snowmen.

Tell me, if France doesn't contribute to fighting terrorism how is
anyone to notice.

Can't you read ? There are french soldiers in Afghanistan.

Hiding under a rock, no doubt.

Al Minyard
Old September 28th 03, 05:38 PM
Chad Irby

In article w6Ddb.451345$Oz4.258062@rwcrnsc54,
"Brian" wrote:

The heat wave in France this last summer was an extreme case -

Actually, not so extreme. For most of France, it was only a couple of
degrees hotter than a "normal" bad heat wave, and is certainly not out
of the normal North American heat range.

How many Americans die in Chicago or New York during the occasional
heatwaves - let alone the few that freeze to death in the winter (and
they should be USED to the winter.

The worst heatwave toll, *ever* was in Chicago, and was smaller, per
capita.

We've had heatwaves in the cental part of the US that make the recent
European heat wave seem mild, and we don't lose anywhere near that many
people.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old September 28th 03, 05:48 PM
Guy Wastiaux

tscottme wrote:
France has an army?

--

Scott
--------
"Interestingly, we started to lose this war only after the embedded
reporters pulled out. Back when we got the news directly from Iraq,
there was victory and optimism. Now that the news is filtered through
the mainstream media here in America, all we hear is death and
destruction and quagmire..." Ann Coulter
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2003/091703.htm

Hey what's the matter scotty ? Did you get too much pigeon **** while in
Paris ? French chicks don't want to make love to you ?
I feel sorry for you : it seems you're just repeating what Dubya said on
Fox News without trying to understand what & why he said that.
Perhaps you're one of those ugly fat people I saw in NYC : you know
those rednecks weighting 'bout 400 lbs
Btw, how the US troops doing in Liberia ? Why have they gone ? That
Taylor punk is a true terrorist, why don't you guys go & beat the crap
outta him ?

--
Guy Wastiaux
aka FauCon PoiLu

Old September 28th 03, 07:43 PM
ArVa

"tscottme" a écrit dans le message de
Brian wrote in message
Anyone have any data in regards to the types of military vehicles and

number
carried that could fit inside the plane for air transport?

Looking at the French Army vehicle mainly - thanks in advance

Brian

France has an army?

Let's let Gen. James L. Jones, USMC, NATO Supreme Commander, answer your
(smart and intellectually honest) question :

" France has probably the most expeditionary army [i.e., ready to deploy to
distant battlefields] in Europe. And writ large. They have impressive
military capabilities across the whole spectrum of operations. They're good
at peacekeeping; their Air Force is modern, state of the art; their Navy is
modern; their land Army I know about because I served with them in northern
Iraq 11 years ago, and I know their generals-this is a very, very fine army
".

He made this statement in an interview last week with Newsweek :
http://www.msnbc.com/news/972918.asp. There are other sources besides Fox
News, you know...

ArVa

GPT (Gulfport MS) ILS 14 question A Lieberman Instrument Flight Rules 18 January 30th 05 04:51 PM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Tecumseh Engine Mounting Question jlauer Home Built 7 November 16th 03 01:51 AM