How scary is this thing? ( benson for auction)

Old March 8th 04, 05:32 PM
joe

Default How scary is this thing? ( benson for auction)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=2464601 457
This is located not too far from me. It looks like it could be a fun thing,
but is it too old, too out of date, etc.
Any comments?

Joe
(still thinking about a helicopter while watching my winnings grow)

Old March 8th 04, 11:19 PM
Chief McGee

All depends on craftsmanship. These are plans/kit built. I have seen some
that were true works of art that flew great. Also seen others I was afraid
to get too close to on the ground.

Old March 10th 04, 04:40 PM
Stu & Kathy Fields

Joe: I had a Benson in the 60's while this ship looks like it had some
Benson in it, it has been modified quite a bit. Personally, I would avoid
this one. I think that you can find better deals elsewhere. The stock Mac
engine is a problem without some extensive re-work. With the Mac engine
look for a twin carb mod as well as a modified ignition. The Mags had
trouble sparking the plugs if they got the slightest bit cruddy.
Stu Fields

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ory=26428&item

Old March 10th 04, 04:56 PM
Stu & Kathy Fields

Joe: A more representative Benson is ebay item #2465058336. I'm watching
that one even though I have a Safari helo now.
Stu Fields
"joe" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ory=26428&item
=2464601457
This is located not too far from me. It looks like it could be a fun

thing,
but is it too old, too out of date, etc.
Any comments?

Joe
(still thinking about a helicopter while watching my winnings grow)

Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Piloting 18 March 4th 05 07:22 PM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Owning 14 January 19th 05 10:17 PM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Military Aviation 9 August 31st 04 11:01 PM
SUV thing Fastglasair Home Built 4 July 12th 03 05:32 AM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Piloting 0 July 2nd 03 11:58 PM