part number

Old November 5th 09, 08:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Philippe[_4_]

Default part number

Hello,

who knows the Cessna 150 propeller extension part number
(SAE1 patern, length around 2", engine O200)

thanks
--
une télé qui s'éteint et c'est un cerveau qui s'éveille
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬
Old November 5th 09, 01:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_3_]

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 09:50:48 +0100, Philippe
wrote:

Hello,

who knows the Cessna 150 propeller extension part number
(SAE1 patern, length around 2", engine O200)

thanks

in the Cessna 100 series service manual there is no mention of an
extension.

the only ones I've seen are custom machined for homebuilts.

Stealth Pilot
Old November 5th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

wrote:

Hello,

who knows the Cessna 150 propeller extension part number
(SAE1 patern, length around 2", engine O200)

thanks

in the Cessna 100 series service manual there is no mention of an
extension.

the only ones I've seen are custom machined for homebuilts.

Stealth Pilot

There is, in fact, an extension on the 150M, and possibly the 150L and later
150F models; but I have never seen the manuals for those. I don't recall
whether ther extension was 2 inches or 3 inches. I believe that the
extension was concurrent with the change to the Clark-Y propeller and a
revised nosebowl/cowl.

Peter

Old November 6th 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John[_9_]

On Nov 5, 3:50*am, Philippe wrote:
Hello,

* who knows the Cessna 150 propeller extension part number
* * *(SAE1 patern, length around 2", engine O200)

thanks
--
une télé qui s'éteint et c'est un cerveau qui s'éveille
* * Philippe Vessaire *Ò¿Ó¬

You might have to look more to the propeller manual to find that
number since it was installed on the propeller and made by the prop
manufacturer.
Old November 6th 09, 11:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_3_]

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 15:49:16 -0500, "Peter Dohm"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Hello,

who knows the Cessna 150 propeller extension part number
(SAE1 patern, length around 2", engine O200)

thanks

in the Cessna 100 series service manual there is no mention of an
extension.

the only ones I've seen are custom machined for homebuilts.

Stealth Pilot

There is, in fact, an extension on the 150M, and possibly the 150L and later
150F models; but I have never seen the manuals for those. I don't recall
whether ther extension was 2 inches or 3 inches. I believe that the
extension was concurrent with the change to the Clark-Y propeller and a
revised nosebowl/cowl.

Peter

ok that would post date the manual I have.
Old November 6th 09, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Brian Whatcott

Stealth Pilot wrote:

There is, in fact, an extension on the 150M, and possibly the 150L and later
150F models; but I have never seen the manuals for those. I don't recall
whether ther extension was 2 inches or 3 inches. I believe that the
extension was concurrent with the change to the Clark-Y propeller and a
revised nosebowl/cowl.

Peter

ok that would post date the manual I have.

No extension on 63-69 models in the '70 parts catalog.

Brian W
Old November 6th 09, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"brian whatcott" wrote in message
Stealth Pilot wrote:

There is, in fact, an extension on the 150M, and possibly the 150L and
later 150F models; but I have never seen the manuals for those. I don't
recall whether ther extension was 2 inches or 3 inches. I believe that
the extension was concurrent with the change to the Clark-Y propeller
and a revised nosebowl/cowl.

Peter

ok that would post date the manual I have.

No extension on 63-69 models in the '70 parts catalog.

Brian W

That's true.

It was on the 1977 model (150M) and may have been on the 150L which was
build in 1976 and possibly 1975--I don't have the information currently
available.

The prop extesion was part of a long series of improvements that gradually
brought the stated cruise speed back up to what is had been on the earliest
models--despite the wider cabin and "notch back" rear window. I have
trouble thinking of the 152 and later 150 and wide bodies; but this really
is what they were!

Peter