The ridge was working!

Old March 22nd 16, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default The ridge was working!

Daniel Sazhin declared and flew 1000k O/R today.
Others had fun too.
Very nice.
Nobody there had trackers linked to glideport.aero, so it's an evening surprise.
Jim
Old March 22nd 16, 11:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 11:50:33 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
Daniel Sazhin declared and flew 1000k O/R today.
Others had fun too.
Very nice.
Nobody there had trackers linked to glideport.aero, so it's an evening surprise.
Jim

Hey Jim,

The reason I didn't have my SPOT with me was because my brother took it on his Caribbean trip in his airplane. He bought the SPOT and the Mountain High oxygen bottle/controller and I get to use them almost all the time .

Best Regards,
Daniel
Old March 22nd 16, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

For $10 you can buy the IGCDroid app for your phone. Just hook up
one of those booster batteries to it so that the phone isn't dead if you
land out.. Then, people can see your track on the SSA website..
https://www.androidpit.com/app/com.ajw.igcdroid

Old March 22nd 16, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Congrads Daniel, I was watching the wx and I knew you blairstown boys were going to be going for it up there. Sunday down here we had the wind (20-30k) all day but no ridge to make it helpfull. I got a grand total of 30 minutes and no hope of going anywhere as the inly direction we can go down here is to the north, that made it directly into the teeth of the wind lol. Cingrads again. How did Rin do? Did he get a long one in? I have'nt checked the 1-26 OLC yet.
Dan
Old March 22nd 16, 01:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hey Dan,

Unfortunately the 1-26 boys did not make it out yesterday. Schwartz and Jonathan had other commitments and work to contend with.

It was not a very 1-26 friendly day yesterday. The wind was 25-30 knots at ridge top toward the latter half of the day. It was rough as heck even in the Duckhawk, probably the roughest conditions I had flown in. Not that that would stop Schwartz .

Best Regards,
Daniel
Old March 25th 16, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I see that Ron got a nice flight in yesterday. Looks like he 200 miles again on the ridge, way to go! I managed a 100km down here but chickened out going north when I hit the big pine forest on the way up to selma AL. Pushed my way back toward Atmore but didnt quite make it. Still made for an easy retreave for my crew and met some really nice people who owned the field I set down in.
Dan

How was ridge working? [email protected] Soaring 11 November 8th 13 08:02 PM
Not Working Mike McCarron[_2_] Soaring 4 December 22nd 12 11:19 PM
Working on the G-III Roger[_4_] Piloting 0 March 22nd 08 06:13 AM
A fine ridge day in PA - the Ridge Soaring Irregulars ride again QT Soaring 0 April 6th 06 04:01 PM
How is IFF working? Tobias Endrullis Military Aviation 8 November 30th 03 03:06 PM