AFTN System Access??? Need to Send/Receive a Few AFTN messages

Old March 9th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Default AFTN System Access??? Need to Send/Receive a Few AFTN messages

Anyone know about the Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunications Network (AFTN)
and places that will send / receive a AFTN message for obtaining over flight
clearance and providing notifications etc.

I am in Portland, OR and would like some place local to do all this I am
trying to save a little money and do it myself rather then outsource to a
handler.

Old March 9th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("NW_Pilot" wrote)
Anyone know about the Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunications Network (AFTN)
and places that will send / receive a AFTN message for obtaining over
flight clearance and providing notifications etc.

I am in Portland, OR and would like some place local to do all this I am
trying to save a little money and do it myself rather then outsource to a
handler.

Google???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFTN
I had no idea what (AFTN) was.

Some history...
http://users.bigpond.net.au/ctdavies/Aeronautical%20Fixed%20Telecommunications%20Networ k.htm
"Communications within the aviation environment have evolved into two
domains, namely the Aeronautical Mobile Service (AMS) and the Aeronautical
Fixed Service (AFS). It is the AFS of which the Aeronautical Fixed
Telecommunications Network (AFTN) forms part."

http://www.atns.co.za/3_1.1.html
AFTN info

AFTN has a replacement on the horizon...
http://www.helios-is.com/training/course.php?id=121
"This two day course presents the AMHS, which has been defined by ICAO as
the replacement for the ageing aeronautical fixed telecommunications network
(AFTN). The objective of the course is to provide delegates with an in-depth
overview of the AMHS and its role in ATC communications. The course offers
delegates a thorough understanding of AMHS technology and its relationships
to the current aeronautical messaging systems, e.g. AFTN"

Montblack

Old June 29th 11, 04:11 PM
ARINC ARINC is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW_Pilot View Post
Anyone know about the Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunications Network (AFTN)
and places that will send / receive a AFTN message for obtaining over flight
clearance and providing notifications etc.

I am in Portland, OR and would like some place local to do all this I am
trying to save a little money and do it myself rather then outsource to a
handler.
I know Im late but I have a web solution that you can send and recieve AFTN messages that is only 90.00/month. My solution even alows you to send them from your smart phone too.

410-266-2882
or email me
Kenneth Bradley
Sr. Aviation Solutions Consultant
Old July 2nd 11, 08:16 PM
Bill at QuikAero Bill at QuikAero is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW_Pilot View Post
Anyone know about the Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunications Network (AFTN)
and places that will send / receive a AFTN message for obtaining over flight
clearance and providing notifications etc.

I am in Portland, OR and would like some place local to do all this I am
trying to save a little money and do it myself rather then outsource to a
handler.

QuikAero Communications offers a web solution allowing AFTN and /or TypeB access . Basic service is in the USD $100.00/month range. For more information please feel free to visit our web site or email me at address below.

Tel: 713-589-6411
Email:
Bill Bullard
[/quote]
Old October 7th 11, 02:29 PM
SHooLCguen SHooLCguen is offline
Banned

In my opinion you are mistaken. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

But I'm fascinated with exotic pets. I like them very. Pets that's great.