A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

S-H Ventus light-bar flap position indicator

Old March 24th 16, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default S-H Ventus light-bar flap position indicator

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 12:11:54 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Some Venti (not all) featured an 8 position LED light-bar centered on the instrument panel hood which would identify flap position.

What "electronics" are used under the seat pan on the flap handle mechanism to "switch" the LEDs? Are there 8 individual reflective sensors reading the flap positions?

Hi ..This is a old thread but I have a flap indicator lights on a small narrow bar in the center of my panel (Ventus b),The plug in ribbon is worn and connectors don't work well anymore. Is there a source that I can buy a replacement light strip?

Dennis
Old March 24th 16, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS
external usenet poster

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 9:31:34 AM UTC-7, HGXC wrote:
Some Venti (not all) featured an 8 position LED light-bar centered on the instrument panel hood which would identify flap position.

What "electronics" are used under the seat pan on the flap handle mechanism to "switch" the LEDs? Are there 8 individual reflective sensors reading the flap positions?

Hi ..This is a old thread but I have a flap indicator lights on a small narrow bar in the center of my panel (Ventus b),The plug in ribbon is worn and connectors don't work well anymore. Is there a source that I can buy a replacement light strip?

Dennis

http://mandhsoaring.com/
Jim
Old March 24th 16, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:31:34 PM UTC-4, HGXC wrote:

Dennis

By lx9000 then you will know what flaps you are using and what you flaps should be using for your weight and speed
Old March 24th 16, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]
external usenet poster

Or buy a duckhawk and focus on flying
Old March 24th 16, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS
external usenet poster

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 10:43:04 AM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
Or buy a duckhawk and focus on flying

In less than an hour a simple repair has jumped significantly in price.
Jim
Old March 24th 16, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 1:25:31 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:

Dennis

Jim

Hi Jim,

Is there a specific page on that web site that talks about flap inidactors? I couldn't find much.

Dennis
Old March 25th 16, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS
external usenet poster

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 3:16:43 PM UTC-7, HGXC wrote:
On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 1:25:31 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:

Dennis

Jim

Hi Jim,

Is there a specific page on that web site that talks about flap inidactors? I couldn't find much.

Dennis

Dennis, try calling Heinz or Monty. Their numbers are on the website. You may have to leave a message, either of them could be working away from home for a few days.
Jim