LX Adapter Cable

Old March 21st 16, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default LX Adapter Cable

Hi Dan,

I have the required cable in stock he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm#LXNAV-LX5-PC

You may also need a USB to serial adapter like this one:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/ftdichip.htm

I can also help you generate a current airspace file for the unit for your region – it is not easy.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Dan Marotta" wrote in message ...
My new (to me) Stemme has an LS7007 Pro IGC installed but no data bases loaded. I see a 5-pin DIN connector on the panel near the control head but no cable came with the aircraft. Does anyone out there have a spare that they would like to sell or donate to the cause?

--
Dan, 5J
Old March 21st 16, 09:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

I have got one that I can happily donate for the price of postage.
Old March 21st 16, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

PM Sent.

Is this a cable with simply a connector on each end or a card reader?
I'll need to know if I need to find other bits and pieces.

Old March 21st 16, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

Is this a cable with simply a connector on each end or a card reader?

Hi Dan, typically it is a DB9 to 5pin DIN serial cable. You will still
need a USB-Serial adapter for your laptop.

Luke
Old March 21st 16, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks. I've got the USB to Serial adapter for tuning my Harley.

Admittedly, I've got to read the LX manual more thoroughly to see
exactly what I need and what I need to do. I've currently been told
that I need a "card reader" which, given the vintage of the 7007, I
assume will accept a full size SD card. I've also been told that I need
a serial cable with a DIN connector which I assume would be used to
connect my laptop to the 7007. Is it safe to assume that either will
work, i.e., load the 7007 directly from my laptop or copy the files to
an SD card and load it that way? It would seem that the card reader
would be the better option since I could then pull igc files from the
computer to post on OLC.

Unfortunately most of my time right now is occupied with getting my
Stemme registered, inspected, and cleared through US Customs. I'll post
the whole story once it's concluded.

Dan