60 Minutes 4/17

Old April 20th 05, 04:43 AM
aluckyguess

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"aluckyguess" wrote:
Before I tell you how I think it can be done I am going to pitch my plan
to Piper if they dont listen I will try Cessna.

I'm sure they'll enjoy the laugh--if you can get in the door.

You are probably right, but its because of things like that I retired @ 43.
Hey it wouldnt be the first time I was laughed at.

If I was to go on this group and offer for sale a brand new 2005 Warrior
for under 60k with financeing how many would buy it?

Does that include paint?

Old April 20th 05, 04:54 AM
Matt Barrow

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"aluckyguess" wrote:
Before I tell you how I think it can be done I am going to pitch my
plan to Piper if they dont listen I will try Cessna.

I'm sure they'll enjoy the laugh--if you can get in the door.

If I was to go on this group and offer for sale a brand new 2005
Warrior for under 60k with financeing how many would buy it?

Does that include paint?

Yes, it includes paint.

The engine is another matter!

--
Matt
---------------------

Old April 20th 05, 04:54 AM
Matt Barrow

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
news

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"aluckyguess" wrote:
Before I tell you how I think it can be done I am going to pitch my
plan to Piper if they dont listen I will try Cessna.

I'm sure they'll enjoy the laugh--if you can get in the door.

If I was to go on this group and offer for sale a brand new 2005
Warrior for under 60k with financeing how many would buy it?

Does that include paint?

It's a complete airplane except for airframe, engine and avionics.

It has tires... but the air to fill them is another $75K.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old April 20th 05, 04:57 AM
Matt Barrow

"aluckyguess" wrote in message

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"aluckyguess" wrote:
Before I tell you how I think it can be done I am going to pitch my

plan
to Piper if they dont listen I will try Cessna.

I'm sure they'll enjoy the laugh--if you can get in the door.

You are probably right, but its because of things like that I retired @

43.
Hey it wouldnt be the first time I was laughed at.

Interesting!

Given that you show a profound lack of understanding of engineering,
economics, and business, I have to ask what you did to retire at 43.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old April 20th 05, 04:58 AM
Matt Barrow

"Newps" wrote in message
news

aluckyguess wrote:

If I was to go on this group and offer for sale a brand new 2005 Warrior

for
under 60k with financeing how many would buy it? I know I would order

one.

A Warrior? Never, wing's on the wrong side.

You got a wing? You lucky bastige!!

--
Matt
---------------------

Old April 20th 05, 05:03 AM
aluckyguess

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message

"aluckyguess" wrote in message

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"aluckyguess" wrote:
If there was enough volume they could build the plane for less than

50k.
It
would replace all the old Piper, Cessna and Beech 2 and 4 seat

aircraft.
They sell new cars for way less and there looks to be more work in a

new
car
than a small plane.

You have confused the auto business with the airplane business. Auto
manufacturing allows economies of scale unatainable by aircraft mfg.

And
remember, auto makers break even or lose money on many of their models.

Like I said they just need the volume and it could be done.

Where is the demand going to come from? There are not enough people
interested in flying their own planes to even come close to providing
manufacturers any economy of scale.

At that price it would replace all of the current old 150 to180 size
aircraft.
I was shocked when they were shipping seven 767 a month. I think it actually
got to 10 or 11 at one point. There is a lot of pilots in the world.
I flew my wife to a quilting shop in San Deigo this last week end. I asked
the lady there how many of the $20,000 quilting machines they sold last
month I thought she would say one or two, they sold 11.

Old April 20th 05, 05:15 AM
aluckyguess

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"aluckyguess" wrote:
Before I tell you how I think it can be done I am going to pitch my

plan
to Piper if they dont listen I will try Cessna.

I'm sure they'll enjoy the laugh--if you can get in the door.

You are probably right, but its because of things like that I retired @

43.
Hey it wouldnt be the first time I was laughed at.

Interesting!

Given that you show a profound lack of understanding of engineering,
economics, and business, I have to ask what you did to retire at 43.

I had a machine shop that built aircraft parts.
It must be you who has no understanding of engineeing econmics and business.
What do you do?
The plane can be built for the price its the untangibles that might cause
the problem like liability insurance. If thats 50k a plane than it cant be
done.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old April 20th 05, 05:22 AM
Dave Stadt

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"aluckyguess" wrote:
[...]

An Arrow replace a 180? I don't think so.

Old April 20th 05, 05:59 AM
aluckyguess

.. .

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"aluckyguess" wrote:
[...]

Your right I should of said fixed gear aircraft.