The new future Navy

Old February 10th 07, 12:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Blue Oval/Dan Edwards

Default The new future Navy

"Jim" wrote in message
Where's the tailhook?

Jim,
I'm going to surmise that these guys are going to have to pull down their
zippers and release the hook about mid plane...

Dan Edwards

Old February 10th 07, 12:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Blue Oval/Dan Edwards

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message
"Jim" wrote in news:45ccb776$0$1345
:

Where's the tailhook?

It's at the hotel with some strippers later on that night.

I never thought of it that way Mitch!!

Dan

Old February 10th 07, 01:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Stayfree

Default The new future Navy (too funny)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 19:05:47 -0500, "Blue Oval/Dan Edwards"
wrote:

Stayfree,
Glad you enjoyed the photo! I'm former Air Force too. Was in the Munitions
field (46150) AMMO!!! But we were better known as "B.B. Stackers". Only did
4 years though, from 11 July 72 to 9 July 76. What aircraft did you get to
work on?

Dan Edwards

Dan,

I was in from 1970 until 1990 and was a "bugger hooker" {APG/Crew
Chief/Plane Captain/etc} 43171C {1 & 2 engine Jets} providing stable
platforms from which to dispense the BB's and other assorted items of
destruction and mayhem.

Birds that survived my maintenance include:

F-4C/D/E{proof that with sufficient engine thrust a ****house door
will fly}

T-33 {old but reliable and easy to keep aloft}

A-7D {my personal favorite}

C-118 {SCATBACK - my punishment for arriving in Thailand direct from
'Nam with a dose of the clap and providing no end of embarrasment to
the Base Commander, the Ambasador, The President, The King, and
probably Jesus Christ his ownself judging for the way everyone
reacted}

T-39 {sweet duty with SCATBACK}

C-47 {****ed someone off again}

F-15 {proof that if you install enough engine a complete ****house can
accelerate in a vertical climb}

T-38 {Damn those intakes were tighter than a young virgins ...}

Worked on a Russian IL-18 while assigned to Transient Maintenance at
Tan Son Nhut, a couple of helicopters helping out, and other assorted
machines.

I also did a stint at Sheppard as a Technical Instructor and served
from time to time as the "official scrounger" for several outfits.

20 years of moving, no home equity and wouldn't trade the things I saw
and did for all the money my brothers now make.

Stayfree

Old February 10th 07, 09:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
BW

"Stayfree" a écrit dans le message de news:
I spent 20 years in the Air Farce as an aircraft mechanic on fighters

What's very funny is that, in French, "Farce" means "Joke". So, with the
picture, I can see what "Air Farce" means !
;-))))

Old February 10th 07, 02:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Blue Oval/Dan Edwards

wrote:

[...]

That's quite a resume'!!! And you've mentioned a couple of my favorites like
the F-4 Phantom II (had the D models at Kunsan AB when I was there 74 to
75) and the A-7 Corsair (also D models at Davis-Monthan when I was there in
1975 and then brought in the A-10's).
There are times when I wish I had stayed in for 20 but I believe that
everybody who gets out after only 4 years says the same thing.
Dan

Old February 10th 07, 11:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim[_8_]

Foreward facing hook - Hmmmmmm

Naval pilots dream.

Future of 480 Robert M. Gary Owning 22 October 11th 06 06:36 PM
Oil and the Future Bob Fry Piloting 2 August 4th 06 05:58 AM
Wildcats to Tomcats: The Tailhook Navy (Tailhook Navy Series) John Naval Aviation 1 November 29th 05 02:06 PM
Navy Performing Well, Keeps Eye on Future Force Otis Willie Naval Aviation 0 February 14th 05 10:06 PM
Future of GA Andrew Sarangan Piloting 12 October 25th 04 08:21 PM