The E Word

Old October 29th 05, 04:33 PM
Larry Dighera

Default The E Word

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:39:25 GMT, Matt Whiting
wrote in ::

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:31:16 GMT, Matt Whiting
wrote in ::

If I am every man's dream how come i cannot find the right one?

What qualities and qualifications must the "right one" possess for
your to perceive him as being right?

Larry, you need to exercise more care in your posts. I wrote nothing
above, yet you have it attributed to me.

Matt

You are absolutely correct.

I just upgraded to a new version of Forte Agent. In the past, Agent
always got the attribution correctly, but perhaps there is a bug in
the new version. Here is the correct quote:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:23:20 GMT, Michelle P
wrote in
et::

If I am every man's dream how come i cannot find the right one?

Old October 29th 05, 04:33 PM
AJ

Michelle: You made it unhurt and in one piece -- excellent piloting.
You go, girl!

AJ

Old October 29th 05, 07:01 PM
Private

"Michelle P" wrote in message
nk.net...
Stubby,
Thank You,
If I am every man's dream how come i cannot find the right one? I seem to
scare a lot off because I am more competent than they in a lot of areas.
Modest aren't I?
Michelle

Good job.

I have a friend who asks the same question as you. She is young(ish),
hardbody, has her own aircraft (four place retract?) which she earned by
operating her own mountain sports equipment store. She has nice dogs, is
intelligent and nice to talk with and would certainly have my undivided
attention if I did not have a similar partner of over thirty years.

Happy landings,

Old October 29th 05, 08:04 PM
Jack Allison

Great Post Michelle, glad to hear that everything worked out.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old October 30th 05, 01:16 AM
Michelle P

Thank You,
It is a High wing. C172N.
Michelle

Montblack wrote:

[Maule Driver]

Nicely done and great story! Thanks.

What is the fixed wing that you fly on the job?

("Michelle P" wrote)

Thanks You,
It was not mine. It was the companies.
We run these things to death and they keep on running. (Usually)

{Montblack}
I'll take it from here Maule Driver.

BTW, nice write up MP.

High wing?

Old October 30th 05, 01:25 AM
Michelle P

Thanks,
Fly or die.... That is the way I look at it.
It is hard to get lost when you have to know where you are at all times.
Washington Dc ADIZ/FRZ airspace is always changing. It reinforced my
belief that you always need to know where the closest airport is and
which direction. This was easy since we had just passed it and we were
still talking to the tower controller.
Michelle

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

You dine good!

You followed the aviator's three primary rules:
1. Aviate (Fly the damn airplane!)
2. Navigate.
3. Communicate.

#2 and #3 are no good if you aren't flying the airplane.
#3 doesn't do a lot of good if you don't know where you are.

Old October 30th 05, 01:31 AM
Michelle P

Had the engine not continued enough power to keep us airborne, we would
have made the evening news. I talked to my observer when we went out and
flew the afternoon run. We were both looking at 95S at Lorton, Va as a
quite likely landing site. The Fairfax County parkway was option as
well. The old Fort Belvior proving grounds was an option as well. It had
grown up significantly in the last few years. The airplane would not
have been flyable if we had landed there. I would much rather hit trees
rolling out than Cars. Trees are predicable. They do not move
un-expectedly and I can try to point the fuselage between two of them
and take the hit in the wings.

Michelle

Ross Richardson wrote:

You never know how you will act in an emergency. In 1973 I lost an
engine and came to a successful landing, except it was off airport.

-------------
Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
KSWI

Longworth wrote:

Michelle,
Well done. I wish that I could be as calm and competent as you were
in handling emergency situations. Glad to hear of the good outcome.

Hai Longworth

Old October 30th 05, 01:37 AM
Michelle P

Gerald,
I was shaking after I got out of the plane. Once the adrenaline stopped
running. I seriously felt like a nap. They have a very comfortable lounge.

They cleared me to land. I do not think any mentioned a runway number.
If they did, I did not hear it. I was landing on the closest runway.
I asked about getting a copy of the tower recording. I am going to
contact the manager on monday to see if that is possible.

Michelle

Gerald Sylvester wrote:

Michelle -
Thanks for the write up. Great job. I'm usually shaken
up when I make a normal landing (just kidding). I can't imagine
what I'd be like during something like this.
BTW, did they clear you for runway 05 or just runway 5.
(or whatever it was)? Just kidding.

Gerald

Old October 30th 05, 01:37 AM
Michelle P

1970s C172N

Mike wrote:

Glad to hear everything worked out OK. What year/type AC?

Old October 30th 05, 01:50 AM
Sylvain

Michelle P wrote:
rolling out than Cars. Trees are predicable. They do not move
un-expectedly and I can try to point the fuselage between two of them
and take the hit in the wings.

I did that once (though it was kinda unplanned); I would
not recommend it (might be ok if already on the ground and
slowing down, not when airborne)

--Sylvain