Woodstock Glider

Old May 11th 18, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Woodstock Glider

Guys, we're talking about a wooden glider that is covered with plywood and fabric. Space age technology is not required. Your precision cut ribs will be cut in half, then glued to the spar........I'd be more concerned about maintaining a true cord line in the vertical assembly process. Jim's instructions were to glue the master rib sheet to 1/8 birch, then nail two blank rib pieces of 1/4 plywood, then cut to within 1/16 with a band saw, followed by disc sanding down to final size. Then nail two more blanks to the master and repeat the process. After all ribs have been glued to the spar, I like to level everything with a 36" sanding board running it fore and aft as I slowly move down the wing.
Hope this helps,
JJ
Old May 11th 18, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 9:33:49 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:

Please say a little more about how this works. I was thinking that precision and symmetry affects the left right balance in an aircraft.

The gist of it is in Eric Stewart's article in the March 2018 issue of Soaring.

--Bob K.
Old October 18th 19, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, April 4, 2008 at 4:35:37 PM UTC, wrote:
Hello

I have had my glider plans for approximatly 9 years now.
My question is, does anyone know the Airfoil used by the Woodstock
Glider?
NACA ###?

Thanks
Herbie

How could I join this group?
Old December 30th 19, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Does anyone have available the drawings for the long wings. I bought an original set of drawings from
Jim in the mid '80,s (#58). The only thing I ever started on the project is the wing rib template , before I got side
tracked on a Wittman Tailwind (very fast) and a Buttercup . Since retiring and having sold both my interest is again
peaked in this glider, but if it makes a difference I'ld like a higher performance wing.

Tailwind888WT
Old January 2nd 20, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Sunday, December 29, 2019 at 9:07:01 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Does anyone have available the drawings for the long wings. I bought an original set of drawings from
Jim in the mid '80,s (#58). The only thing I ever started on the project is the wing rib template , before I got side
tracked on a Wittman Tailwind (very fast) and a Buttercup . Since retiring and having sold both my interest is again
peaked in this glider, but if it makes a difference I'ld like a higher performance wing.

Tailwind888WT

Have you tried ESA?
http://esoaring.com/contact-us.shtml

or
VSA?
https://www.vintagesailplane.org/

Good luck

Frank W
Old January 6th 20, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, April 4, 2008 at 11:35:37 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello

I have had my glider plans for approximatly 9 years now.
My question is, does anyone know the Airfoil used by the Woodstock
Glider?
NACA ###?

Thanks
Herbie

I am helping the estate of one of our dearly departed soaring buddies sell off all of his soaring artifacts. I stumbled into a pile of wing ribs and a portion of a vertical stabilizer that I believe may be parts for a Woodstock. Anyone interested?

Thanks,

Paul
Old January 6th 20, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 12:36:05 AM UTC, wrote:
On Friday, April 4, 2008 at 11:35:37 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello

I have had my glider plans for approximatly 9 years now.
My question is, does anyone know the Airfoil used by the Woodstock
Glider?
NACA ###?

I'm interested possibly...

Thanks
Herbie

I am helping the estate of one of our dearly departed soaring buddies sell off all of his soaring artifacts. I stumbled into a pile of wing ribs and a portion of a vertical stabilizer that I believe may be parts for a Woodstock. Anyone interested?

Thanks,

Paul

Woodstock project FOR SALE MartyH Soaring 0 August 15th 07 08:30 PM
Woodstock spars MartyH Soaring 11 June 22nd 07 03:13 AM
Woodstock Plans [email protected] Soaring 4 August 10th 06 11:11 PM
Query on the Woodstock Stealth Pilot Soaring 3 July 25th 06 08:02 PM
Woodstock Plans F/S [email protected] Soaring 0 May 16th 05 10:06 PM