USA - All students must show "papers"

Old October 19th 04, 02:43 PM
Mark James Boyd

Todd Pattist wrote:
FAR 61.189 requires a flight instructor to maintain a record
in a logbook or a separate document that contains the
following:

"(2) The name of each person that instructor has endorsed
for a knowledge test or practical test, and the record shall
also indicate the kind of test, the date, and the results. "

How does the instructor know the "date, and the results" of
the "knowledge test or practical test?"

I got a ground instructor license too, just so I wouldn't need
to keep a record of written tests (it isn't required under the
section for ground instructors).

As far as practical tests goes, I don't know of an
examiner who will schedule one without direct verbal request from
the CFI. And then I just call the examiner afterward, or look
at the temporary license issued to the student.

Or I suppose you could just wait 4 months
and look up the results under your student's name at
http://registry.faa.gov/amquery.asp
:]
--

------------+
Mark J. Boyd
Old October 19th 04, 03:43 PM
Tony Verhulst

"(2) The name of each person that instructor has endorsed
for a knowledge test or practical test, and the record shall
also indicate the kind of test, the date, and the results. "

How does the instructor know the "date, and the results" of
the "knowledge test or practical test?"

I call them up and ask them.

Tony V.

Old October 19th 04, 03:47 PM
Tony Verhulst

In the U.S. instructors only need to maintain a record of test
recommendations, solo endorsements, and pre-solo written tests....

The CFI isn't required to log it in the CFI logbook,
but the CFI is required to log it in the student's logbook.

Right, but I thought we were talking about the instructor keeping
records. The post that generated my response read:

...We CFI's are currently required to
keep records of all instruction we give to each named individual.

which is not true.

Tony V.

Old October 19th 04, 07:24 PM
F.L. Whiteley

An alleged Hispanic male, possibly an illegal, has managed to rob five local
Greeley banks, last April, June, September, and October 8th and 15th. His
M.O. is busy Friday afternoons, with crowded lobbies and busy parking lots.
I wonder how many other towns like Greeley (pop70000) are experiencing
similar activity.

Wonder if he's ever been asked for his ID for anything at any time?

Old October 19th 04, 08:47 PM
Tony Verhulst

How does the instructor know the "date, and the results" of
the "knowledge test or practical test?"

I call them up and ask them.

Who do you call? The student, the FAA or the testing
agency?

sorry, the student.

Tony