Glider featured on TV show!

Old March 28th 13, 10:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Glider featured on TV show!

So, you have a life and couldn't manage to waste a precious hour of
your life watching "Finding Bigfoot" last Sunday to see SLSA's
contribution to the episode? Well, you are in luck as one of our SLSA Club members recorded, edited, and uploaded the one minute and 39 second video to youtube.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQgEx...ature=youtu.be

Prepare to be amazed...

Kirk
66
Old March 28th 13, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Nice!
Old March 28th 13, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy[_2_]

On Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:18:44 AM UTC-7, kirk.stant wrote:
So, you have a life and couldn't manage to waste a precious hour of your life watching "Finding Bigfoot" last Sunday to see SLSA's contribution to the episode? Well, you are in luck as one of our SLSA Club members recorded, edited, and uploaded the one minute and 39 second video to youtube. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQgEx...ature=youtu.be Prepare to be amazed... Kirk 66

I'm glad the SLSA uploaded the video to YouTube, because I'm NOT inclined to waste time watching "Not Finding Bigfoot".
Old March 28th 13, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

Fantastic video journalism! They searched for bigfoot, and found something completely unexpected! I shared this on my NWSkysports page and home page on facebook and everybody is loving it. This is a great video to pass around.

Boggs
Old March 28th 13, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:49:18 PM UTC+1, gotovkotzepkoi wrote:

I guess any publicity is better than no publicity but it is unfortunate

that soaring gets associated with something as stupid as the never dying

sci fi fantasy of "bigfoot".

"Unfortunate"? Really? Last time I checked, to a lot of people (and probably most power pilots) the idea of flying for hours and going places in plastic aircraft without engines sounds stupid and Sci Fi-ish!

Soaring is supposed to be fun. But nobody knows about it. And there is always some old fool at the glider field trying to make everybody fly their glider the way he want it done, just like he learned in the airlines/military/Jesuits.

Who knows, maybe the people who watch "Searching for Bigfoot" might be just the crowd we need to keep soaring alive! It sure isn't the current crowd of old fuds!

Kirk
66
Old March 28th 13, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

I was waiting for the camera to pan to the backseat and show the pilot in a Chewbacca costume http://tinyurl.com/cbzdthj Shrieking maiden would top it

Maybe someone with the talent will make a mashup with this added on to the end
Old March 29th 13, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:16:47 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
I was waiting for the camera to pan to the backseat and show the pilot in a Chewbacca costume http://tinyurl.com/cbzdthj Shrieking maiden would top it

Maybe someone with the talent will make a mashup with this added on to the end

Now THAT would be funny!

bumper
Old March 29th 13, 11:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Friday, March 29, 2013 12:16:47 AM UTC+1, son_of_flubber wrote:
I was waiting for the camera to pan to the backseat and show the pilot in a Chewbacca costume http://tinyurl.com/cbzdthj Shrieking maiden would top it

Maybe someone with the talent will make a mashup with this added on to the end

That was actually discussed in the SLSA clubhouse when this whole thing first started to develop. Another suggestion was to have the pilot take along a monkey mask and put it on after takeoff, so it would be captured by the helicopter inflight...

Another idea was to have one of our "larger" pilots dress up in a Bigfoot suit and run around in the woods where the glider could "find" him. Unfortunately, the "volunteer" wasn't so keen on the idea...

Yes, adult beverages were involved...

Kirk
66

Old March 29th 13, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Friday, March 29, 2013 11:28:34 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
People that watch that kind of crap don't have the mental capacity to be
pilots. JHMO...

Future Pilots, I was a huge Bigfoot Fan, when I was 11 years old

Jet sailplanes featured on Discovery Channel airshowbob[_3_] Soaring 1 May 4th 11 06:47 PM
news LSA featured Helen Owning 1 November 19th 07 10:13 PM
EAA 288 Featured in January Sport Aviation Orval Fairbairn Home Built 0 January 12th 06 04:22 AM
My plane Featured in "Aeroplane" Orval Fairbairn Restoration 0 September 6th 03 04:49 PM
My Plane Featured in "Aeroplane" Orval Fairbairn Home Built 1 September 3rd 03 07:11 PM