Glider Pilot Running for US President

Old February 18th 04, 10:26 PM
Shawn Curry

JJ Sinclair wrote:

His opponent, W, was never much of a pilot, but reportedly did know how to
get high.

W's opponent is a war hero, but he can't remember where he put all the medals
he was awarded. I remember, do you?
JJ Sinclair

Does W. remember where his are? Oh wait, he was running a campaign in
Alabama. I don't think they award combat medals for that. Hell, he was
skipping out on the duty he used to skip out on the war (Big deal, IMHO,
that's the least of our problems with W.)

Shawn
P.S. I stil have my fathers Vietnam medals.
Old February 18th 04, 10:43 PM
JJ Sinclair

P.S. I stil have my fathers Vietnam medals.

That's because he (your father) didn't throw them away.
JJ Sinclair
Old February 18th 04, 10:53 PM
Stewart Kissel

Oh this will be much more entertaining then our annul
PW5 flame-fest.

Let's remember this is not an USA only discussion group,
well on second though maybe one of our rainy island
types could provide details of Tony Blair's piloting
exploits.

Hey Shelton, see URL for much more detailed source
material.
http://www.awolbush.com/

Old February 18th 04, 10:57 PM
Jack

On 2/18/04 4:16 PM, in article
et, "John Shelton"
wrote:

http://www.motherjones.com/news/upda...02/02_400.html

No need to be cute. He was a rich-kid chicken**** who hid in the Texas Air
Guard, not a fighter pilot.

You believe what you read in Mother Jones?

-----
Jack
-----

Old February 18th 04, 10:59 PM
Jack

On 2/18/04 4:26 PM, in article eERYb.72935$uV3.528251@attbi_s51, "Shawn
Curry" wrote:

[W] was skipping out on the duty he used to skip out on the war....

P.S. I stil have my fathers Vietnam medals.

And how would your father have voted?

-----
Jack

Old February 18th 04, 11:46 PM
Shawn Curry

JJ Sinclair wrote:

P.S. I stil have my fathers Vietnam medals.

That's because he (your father) didn't throw them away.
JJ Sinclair

Not exactly
http://www.no-quarter.org/code/detai...?IDNO=O5213456
Old February 18th 04, 11:53 PM
Shawn Curry

Curry" wrote:

[W] was skipping out on the duty he used to skip out on the war....

P.S. I stil have my fathers Vietnam medals.

And how would your father have voted?

That would be a bit of a stretch. He was KIA 35 years ago. His sister
is a very moderate Republican. He married into a brutally liberal
family (I mean seriously. They even scare me sometimes!) I have my
suspicions, but its not very American to vote for the dead (despite
history).

Cheers,
Shawn
Old February 19th 04, 12:04 AM
Vorsanger1

The original message was that "he was not much of a pilot". The original
questions remain: how does the poster know, what are the sources ?

As far as I am concerned, anyone, and I mean anyone, who qualifies to fly an
F-102 is more of a pilot than I am.

Cheers, Charles
Old February 19th 04, 12:21 AM
Duane Eisenbeiss

Curry" wrote:

................ but its not very American to vote for the dead (despite

history).
Cheers,
Shawn

You are not from Chicago are you.

Old February 19th 04, 12:47 AM
JJ Sinclair

As far as I am concerned, anyone, and I mean anyone, who qualifies to fly an
F-102 is more of a pilot than I am.

Cheers, Charles

I'm with you Charles. Also, I wouldn't throw too many stones at the guard
units, because we all know where they are right now. Also, the California
National Guard was called up at the start of that other Asian war (Korea) and
they took 80% casualties. One doesn't know exactly where and when the guard
will be called on to serve the country.
God Bless them All,
JJ Sinclair

Bad publicity David Starer Soaring 18 March 8th 04 03:57 PM
WINGS: When do the clocks start ticking? Andrew Gideon Piloting 6 February 3rd 04 03:01 PM