USA - All students must show "papers"

Old October 8th 04, 08:14 PM
ADP

How they ever got a single Airbus piece of crap in the air is beyond me.
It simply proves that you can undercut any decent aircraft on price
and the Airlines will go for it. No wonder the Airlines can't survive!

Allan

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message

"Stefan" wrote in message
tango4 wrote:

How does Boeing get a non-US citizen to check out on say a new 777?

This is no issue, as everybody is buying Airbus planes anyway. :-)

Stefan

Yes, thanks for contributing your tax euros to our tax dollars to allow
airlines such as Northwest to buy these with their government post 9/11
handout.

I particularly like the non-reclining seat (1-2") so that the passenger
behind me doesn't have the view of the TV made awkward. Hopefully one day
there will be more than QVC and other basic cable channels on offer.
Frontier has painted talking animal heads on their fleet of 319's.

Anyway, 500 Boeing design engineers are now located in Moscow, Russia and
the 7E7 wings will be built in Japan. Boeing employees are not even
allowed
to take pictures of the production of Boeing wings, the technology was so
highly guarded. But then, Boeing is not what it used to be either.

Frank Whiteley

Old October 8th 04, 08:34 PM
Steve Hill

(thinking back to high school)....FIGHT!!!! FIGHT!!!!!

You tell em...all I can say is I own a manufacturing plant, and am a direct
Vendor the Boeing Company, for sheet metal and machined parts and
assemblies...and we sure as hell are busy for noone buying their
airplanes...

I will further say, that most of my neighbors are airlines pilots, and given
the choice, they'd prefer to Fly Boeing.

Old October 8th 04, 08:47 PM
Tony Verhulst

I will further say, that most of my neighbors are airlines pilots, and given
the choice, they'd prefer to Fly Boeing.

A former club member was a retired American Airlines 727 driver. A label
on his flight bag read:

"If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going"

:-)

Tony V.

P.S. Airbus makes good airplanes I but MUCH prefer the Boeing fly by
wire philosophy.

Old October 8th 04, 08:55 PM
Janusz Kesik

U=BFytkownik ADP w wiadomo=B6ci do grup =
dyskusyjnych ...
How they ever got a single Airbus piece of crap in the air is beyond =

me.
It simply proves that you can undercut any decent aircraft on price
and the Airlines will go for it. No wonder the Airlines can't =

survive!
=20
Allan

O yes... Everything which hasn't been made in America must be crap... =
ROTFL!

JK

Old October 8th 04, 09:24 PM

There's probably an exemption if you can prove you're related to the
Saudi royal family.

Old October 8th 04, 10:45 PM
Steve Hill

Janusz wrote:
O yes... Everything which hasn't been made in America must be crap... =
ROTFL!

It's great to see such supportive spirit for your homeland products
Janusz...I happen to fly a German built sailplane...and I think it's
excellent...prior to that I had an SZD-36 Cobra and loved it...it was
Polish...I've driven English cars, Italian cars, German cars they were all
neat to own...

While I appreciate your stance on supporting your countries goods...I don't
feel the same as you, that I have to mock other countries goods...or try to
put other people down simply because of a minor disagreement.

I do have alot of respect for the fact that Boeing pays for the development
of its aircraft themselves. They take all the risk. Capitalism at its
finest. I understand they are now offloading lots of work to Poland, as well
as the rest of the world...truly a global company.

Perhaps we can all agree that we should all be proud of our own countries
developments particularly with regard to soaring...and not in any way be
destructive as fellow pilots and friends.

Just a thought.

Steve.

Old October 8th 04, 11:28 PM
Janusz Kesik

Well,=20

Sorry if offended... Sometimes it just makes me nervous if I hear =
another man speaking of Poland as a country with b&w tv sets and queues =
in front of empty shops. Things have changed a lot, but lots of people =
didn't notice it at all. By the way, I believe it's Boeing who moves =
much more work to Poland than Airbus. The EADS production is marginal =
compared to all the stuff we make for Boeing. There was recently an =
order for some parts for upgrading the Navy's F-14s I heard.

Regards,

--=20
Janusz Kesik

-------------
http://www.wroclaw.dolny.slask.pl
See Breslau (Wroclaw) in photography
From the XIX Century, through the 1945 Festung Breslau, to the photos =
taken today morning...

Old October 8th 04, 11:51 PM
Shawn

Janusz Kesik wrote:
Użytkownik ADP w wiadomo¶ci do grup dyskusyjnych ...

How they ever got a single Airbus piece of crap in the air is beyond me.
It simply proves that you can undercut any decent aircraft on price
and the Airlines will go for it. No wonder the Airlines can't survive!

Allan

O yes... Everything which hasn't been made in America must be crap... ROTFL!

No, no, not at all. I love my 'Skeeter. Just Air Bust is crap :-)

Shawn
Old October 9th 04, 02:01 AM
BTIZ

and Dave C is a TSA authority how?

"Stewart Kissel" wrote in
message ...
Tom-

Dave C. at Mile-Hi said an existing license counts...I
just called him.

At 18:00 08 October 2004, Tango4 wrote:
How does Boeing get a non-US citizen to check out on
say a new 777? Do they
have to do it outside the borders of the US or do they
teach 'em in a sim
and let 'em loose on the real thing straight away?

:-J

Ian

'tango4' wrote in message
So I take it no visitors to the US can get any instruction?
Has that
killed all the flight schools offering cheaper flight
training for
European pilots?

What about visiting pilots wanting a checkride before
taking a club or FBO
ship?

Talk about overkill!

Ian

'Tom Serkowski' wrote in message
m...
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/regtsa.html

Beginning October 20, 2004, all pilots wishing to
recieve instruction
- including a BFR, must show proff of US citizenship
to the
instructor. Very scary.

I have heard from a reliable source that if a CFI
allows a passenger
to touch the controls, that is considered instruction
in the TSA's
eyes.

The instructor must see a document such as an ORIGINAL
naturalization
certificate and keep a copy for 5 years. Yet on my
certificate it
says it is illegal to copy it.

I called SSA today regarding another subject and also
asked about
this. The office person I talked to knew nothing.
And of course the
SSA website is also mute on this. Dennis was unfortunately
on another
call, so I didn't get a chance to ask him.

Tom Serkowski
ASH-26E (5Z)