Aircraft Rebuilding Help Needed.

Old August 18th 04, 03:44 AM
David Culbertson

Default Aircraft Rebuilding Help Needed.

During a terrible Midwest storm a couple weeks ago we had straight line
winds exceeding 80 MPH. At the airport where I store my aircraft the hangar
doors were blown off and a neighboring aircraft and a hangar door ended up
on top of my 1929 Great Lakes. Three of the four wing panels are in need of
rebuilding as well as the tail, Left landing gear leg and
engine/prop/spinner.

In order to collect insurance I need some good estimates and possibly a
reputable rebuilder to repair the damage as well as total aircraft recover.

Does anyone have a reccommendation on who would be interested in doing this
work and providing an estimate prior to the work?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks
Dave Culbertson
Great Lakes N777P
Defiant N404BM
Pitts S1

Old August 18th 04, 04:08 AM
Cy Galley

Why not contact the NUWACO company and see what they would charge for such
replacements. Docs in Sandwich Illinois also does such work.

Old August 21st 04, 03:39 PM
David Culbertson

Cy,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Dave

Old August 21st 04, 09:35 PM
jls

"Cy Galley" wrote in message
[...]

Some skilled and meticulous craftsmen are about to finish an old biplane
from the late 20's or early 30's in Marion, NC at Shiflet Field. FYI, it
is quite beautiful work, although I am unfamiliar with them. Shiflet has a
reputation for skilled craftsmen and airplanes hangared there --- like
Monocoupes, Luscombes, Navions, and Swifts.

Old August 22nd 04, 03:15 AM
Orval Fairbairn

"Cy Galley" wrote in message
[...]

Try Jim Kimball in Florida. They have done some beautiful restorations.