A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 20th 18, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 496
Default 2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted

US Racing Pilots and other interested parties:

The 2018 SSA Competition Rules document is now available on the SSA website:

http://www.ssa.org/ContestRules

In a further move towards consolidation and simplification, the rules for all classes and levels of competition are now contained in a single, sort of easy to read document, making it even more convenient to print out as a handy in-cockpit reference.

Many thanks to Hank Nixon (UH) for his tireless efforts chairing the Rules Committee as he now moves on to his new role serving competition soaring in the US.

Best wishes for a fun and safe 2018 racing season!

Andy Blackburn
9B
Chair, Contest Rules Committee
Ads
  #2  
Old March 21st 18, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,814
Default 2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted

considering that the bulk of pilots have demonstrated through contest performance and poll voting that they don't even read the rules when sitting in the comfort of their own homes, it's hard to imagine that any would be interested in having the ability to read the rules in the cockpit
  #3  
Old March 21st 18, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 185
Default 2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted

So Andy,first let me thank you and all of the competition committee for your dedication to our sport. It is the definition of "thankless job" so I for one will buy you a beer next time we fly together. Second you mention a handy cockpit size condensed version, I cant seem to find that in the ssa link you provided and did not see it in the 2018 rules pdf? any ideas?

Thanks

Cliff Hilty CH ASW27
  #4  
Old March 21st 18, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 262
Default 2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 1:57:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:
So Andy,first let me thank you and all of the competition committee for your dedication to our sport. It is the definition of "thankless job" so I for one will buy you a beer next time we fly together. Second you mention a handy cockpit size condensed version, I cant seem to find that in the ssa link you provided and did not see it in the 2018 rules pdf? any ideas?

Thanks

Cliff Hilty CH ASW27



  #5  
Old March 22nd 18, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 496
Default 2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 12:57:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:
So Andy,first let me thank you and all of the competition committee for your dedication to our sport. It is the definition of "thankless job" so I for one will buy you a beer next time we fly together. Second you mention a handy cockpit size condensed version, I cant seem to find that in the ssa link you provided and did not see it in the 2018 rules pdf? any ideas?

Thanks

Cliff Hilty CH ASW27




Thanks Cliff and Tony,

One of us is going to win the award for self-deprecating sardony in this thread. Win or lose, I'm satisfied with my effort.

;-)

9B
  #6  
Old March 22nd 18, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 420
Default 2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted

On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 10:32:04 UTC-6, Andy Blackburn wrote:
US Racing Pilots and other interested parties:

The 2018 SSA Competition Rules document is now available on the SSA website:

http://www.ssa.org/ContestRules

In a further move towards consolidation and simplification, the rules for all classes and levels of competition are now contained in a single, sort of easy to read document, making it even more convenient to print out as a handy in-cockpit reference.

Many thanks to Hank Nixon (UH) for his tireless efforts chairing the Rules Committee as he now moves on to "

Best wishes for a fun and safe 2018 racing season!

Andy Blackburn
9B
Chair, Contest Rules Committee


Andy, can you expand on "as he now moves on to his new role serving competition soaring in the US. "

Have there been changes to the Competition Committee? Nothing from the SSA that I have seen.

Thanks
  #7  
Old March 22nd 18, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 496
Default 2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 8:38:37 AM UTC-5, Ron Gleason wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 10:32:04 UTC-6, Andy Blackburn wrote:
US Racing Pilots and other interested parties:

The 2018 SSA Competition Rules document is now available on the SSA website:

http://www.ssa.org/ContestRules

In a further move towards consolidation and simplification, the rules for all classes and levels of competition are now contained in a single, sort of easy to read document, making it even more convenient to print out as a handy in-cockpit reference.

Many thanks to Hank Nixon (UH) for his tireless efforts chairing the Rules Committee as he now moves on to "

Best wishes for a fun and safe 2018 racing season!

Andy Blackburn
9B
Chair, Contest Rules Committee


Andy, can you expand on "as he now moves on to his new role serving competition soaring in the US. "

Have there been changes to the Competition Committee? Nothing from the SSA that I have seen.

Thanks


Hank has stepped up to chair the Competition Committee. Website is updated for that, but not yet for the Rules Committee. Apologies for the confusion.

http://www.ssa.org/ContestCommittee?show=26

9B
  #8  
Old March 22nd 18, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 420
Default 2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted

On Thursday, 22 March 2018 09:14:48 UTC-6, Andy Blackburn wrote:
On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 8:38:37 AM UTC-5, Ron Gleason wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 10:32:04 UTC-6, Andy Blackburn wrote:
US Racing Pilots and other interested parties:

The 2018 SSA Competition Rules document is now available on the SSA website:

http://www.ssa.org/ContestRules

In a further move towards consolidation and simplification, the rules for all classes and levels of competition are now contained in a single, sort of easy to read document, making it even more convenient to print out as a handy in-cockpit reference.

Many thanks to Hank Nixon (UH) for his tireless efforts chairing the Rules Committee as he now moves on to "

Best wishes for a fun and safe 2018 racing season!

Andy Blackburn
9B
Chair, Contest Rules Committee


Andy, can you expand on "as he now moves on to his new role serving competition soaring in the US. "

Have there been changes to the Competition Committee? Nothing from the SSA that I have seen.

Thanks


Hank has stepped up to chair the Competition Committee. Website is updated for that, but not yet for the Rules Committee. Apologies for the confusion.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Proposed US Competition Rules Changes [email protected] Soaring 0 December 29th 17 11:45 PM
USA 2015 Proposed Changes to Competition Rules Posted John Godfrey (QT)[_2_] Soaring 0 January 21st 15 05:28 PM
USA Competition Rules Related Documents Posted John Godfrey (QT)[_2_] Soaring 1 December 14th 12 07:43 PM
2011 USA Competition Rules Posted. John Godfrey (QT)[_2_] Soaring 1 February 20th 11 03:20 PM
2011 USA Proposed Competition Rules Changes Posted. John Godfrey (QT)[_2_] Soaring 22 December 31st 10 02:54 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.