What do you think of this one?

Old July 12th 06, 07:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R

Default What do you think of this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKZFNeXL8xM

Old July 12th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
RJ

Steve R wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKZFNeXL8xM

Or this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoRy8...elated&search=
Old July 12th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R

"RJ" wrote in message
news
Steve R wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKZFNeXL8xM

Or this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoRy8...elated&search=

Yeah, I've seen that one, got it saved to my HD actually. I've not seen the
R44 one before and was just wondering if anyone info.

Old July 13th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:47:09 GMT, "Steve R"
wrote:

"RJ" wrote in message
news
Steve R wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKZFNeXL8xM
Or this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoRy8...elated&search=

Yeah, I've seen that one, got it saved to my HD actually. I've not seen
the
R44 one before and was just wondering if anyone info.

Robinson shows the R44 video at their factory course. I don't recall
if there was an explanation as to what happened or not.. I would
think after the 1st nose over, a judicious throttle chop would have
been in order.

Same here! It totally amazes me that they didn't put a blade to the ground
in front of the aircraft or take out the tail boom on the rebound. They
were darned lucky no matter how you look at it.

Old July 13th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
B4RT

Don't need to know what happened really, now do we?

You can't really tell, but I think there's two people in there because the
left skid was even with the right one. After the first pich over, someone
onboard should have chopped the throttle.

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:34:48 -0400, "B4RT"
wrote:

I'd think a couple judicious license revocations would have been in order.

Bart

Well, not knowing what happened, it's hard to say if the pilot was at
fault or the aircraft was malfunctioning - or both.

Old July 14th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message news
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:58:13 -0400, "B4RT"
wrote:

Don't need to know what happened really, now do we?

You can't really tell, but I think there's two people in there because the
left skid was even with the right one. After the first pich over, someone
onboard should have chopped the throttle.

Absolutely. Regardless of the circumstances sourrounding the
pitchover, someone screwed up.

Unless, of course, it was done intentionally.

Now that's a scarry thought! :-o

Old July 15th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Sla#s

Steve R wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKZFNeXL8xM

The story I heard was the passenger was trying to get out and pushed the
T bar out of the way! Twice!!

Slatts
Old July 17th 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
boB

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:02:09 -0400, "B4RT"
wrote:

The only time I've ever hot-loaded a passenger was when that person was a
pilot and had been fully briefed in advance, or when I had trained ground
crew to assist the non-pilot passenger. Even then
I have the thtottle at flight idle and have a bear grip on the controls when
theyre moving.

I've hot loaded a couple people, but had two other pilots on the
ground literally holding the passenger by the arm as they were walked
out to the helo. I also throttled down and stiff armed both
collective and cyclic until the Pax was buckled in and I only relaxed
my arms once I'd re-briefed the Pax and I was comfortable they
understood.

Sometimes it seems someone's out to get ya. Several times, especially
flying for Artillery, I'd pick up a passenger out in the boonies.
Cyclic and Collective removed in my OH-58 and the first thing they tried
was to clean the mud off their boots by kicking on the pedals.

The few times I had the controls in and had a quick pick-up I would
brief them about the controls before they got in. Most were very careful
to not touch the controls until I had landed and they started to exit
the aircraft. Every time they would grab the collective to pull
themselves out. At flight idle it didn't do much but you could count on it.

--

boB
Wing 70

Flight Sim Photos