F/A-18 for sale in Kansas

Old September 26th 03, 02:13 AM
mah

Default F/A-18 for sale in Kansas

First, I normally reside in rec.av.mil. Hopefully I'm not violating the
group charter by asking my question here.

Several months ago someone offered an F/A-18 fuselage for sale on Ebay.
If I recall correctly it was in Olathe KS. A hard drive crash lost the
seller's name from my bookmarks. Does anyone in this forum remember
anything about the posting or perhaps know where the aircraft is
located?

Thanks in advance

MAH
Old September 26th 03, 02:03 PM
JP Krievins

Several months ago someone offered an F/A-18 fuselage for sale on Ebay.
If I recall correctly it was in Olathe KS. A hard drive crash lost the
seller's name from my bookmarks. Does anyone in this forum remember
anything about the posting or perhaps know where the aircraft is
located?

If I'm putting things together correctly, I think this was Air Capital
Warbirds out of Wichita. They had rented a hangar here at Newton (EWK)
and the FA/18 fuselage was stored out on it's ramp for quite some
time. I believe they left here a few months ago, at least the stuff
stored outside is gone now. Never was anybody around. They used to
have a website, but now it connects to a new one "airwarbirds.com" and
it is noted as under construction. They may have relocated out of this
area, i.e the change in name. You might try contacting the Newton
airport manager for more info.

JP Krievins
Old September 26th 03, 02:08 PM
AIRRAP

check out this site;http://www.blueangels.org/Aircraft/S...18/973/973.htm
Old September 28th 03, 01:22 AM
mah

Thanks for the pointers. I think this is the aircraft I'm remembering.
I'll be going to Kansas City on business soon and was hoping to get a
look. Don't have enough time in the schedule to get down to Wichita.
Probably just go to Olathe and look at the A-7's and A-4 down at old NAS
Olathe.

MAH