What to get your CFI?

Old November 30th 04, 12:20 AM
Slick

Default What to get your CFI?

I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

Old November 30th 04, 12:34 AM
PJ Hunt

If you think he did a great job, give him a tip. If you can't afford what
you feel he's worth, tell him so.

PJ

Here's to the duck who swam a lake and never lost a feather,
May sometime another year, we all be back together.
JJW

"Slick" wrote in message ...
I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000

Newsgroups

Old November 30th 04, 01:05 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Slick wrote:

I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

See if you can find out his or her hobbies and pick up something related. The
guy who gave me my tailwheel checkout was building an Air Camper and into other
types of mechanical ventures. I bought him a socket set, IIRC.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old November 30th 04, 01:09 AM
zatatime

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:20:21 -0500, "Slick"
wrote:

I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

Booze and/or loose women. Makes 'em happy every time!

Old November 30th 04, 03:19 AM
tony roberts

If it is just the CFI, tickets to a concert go down well.
In my own case, many people in the flight school had helped me, so I had
a caterer take everyone lunch with a card of thanks.

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

Old November 30th 04, 06:19 AM
BTIZ

get him a gift certificate to a local restaurant..

the CFII/MEI, I used was a wine aficionado.. so I had a friend who is also a
wine expert with connections get me a nice import for him..

BT

Old November 30th 04, 01:13 PM
bryan chaisone

"Slick" wrote in message ...
I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

Congrats Slick! I bought lunches for mine on many occasions after most
flights. When I got my ticket, I took two of my CFIs out to Outback,
good thing they weren't Vegets.

Bryan
Old November 30th 04, 02:44 PM
Jay Honeck

I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

Well, if you live anywhere near Iowa, I know a certain aviation theme-suites
hotel that happens to sell gift certificates...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA