$1500 Cash Reward

Old June 11th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

Default $1500 Cash Reward---- Thieves Caught and Jailed

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:30:11 -0700, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

Would'ja check the tense on that verb? I think "has broken" is more
descriptive.

How can it be broken down? Look at all the people in jail!

Don

Old June 11th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Here's the problem Larry. If the criminal justice system were to do what
would be required to stop prison rapes and other assaults and crime in
prison, the liberals in the country would be calling that and assault on the
rights of those in prison. Prison is a bad place and it is supposed to be.
It is full of bad people and it is supposed to be.

The only real fix for prisoner on prisoner crime is to work them so hard
that when they are not working they sleep.

I agree that this would be a much better approach that allowing them to
watch TV and lounge in the law library.

Matt
Old June 11th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:10:22 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in
:

Here's the problem Larry. If the criminal justice system were to do what
would be required to stop prison rapes and other assaults and crime in
prison, the liberals in the country would be calling that and assault on the
rights of those in prison.

What is it that YOU feel would be required to enforce the laws in
prisons?

Prison is a bad place and it is supposed to be.

Are you able to cite any authoritative or even credible information
that supports your assertion?

Are you?

The only real fix for prisoner on prisoner crime is to work them so hard
that when they are not working they sleep.

Perhaps.

Perhaps? Grow a spine.

The real fix is to purge the jails of those inmates who are
incarcerated for victimless crimes, so that there would be adequate
penal facilities to separate the violent criminals from the general
inmate population and it would free prison personnel to enforce the
laws. But that's not going to happen as long as the religious right
is in power, Congress is corrupt, and the general population is so
uneducated and apathetic as to be unconcerned with injustice.

What is a victimless crime? I'm sure you are going to say smoking pot,
but I have my rebuttal ready. :-)

Matt
Old June 12th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
john smith wrote:

Tossing someone in jail also (should) have a side-effect of protecting
society from a criminal (at least until rehabilitated).

Are you using Paris Hilton as an example?

NO

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old June 12th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

(You could book a prisoner in our "Red Baron Suite" for less than what
we pay per prisoner, nowadays...)

How would you keep him there?

Uh, well, obviously you haven't stayed in our Red Baron Suite.
Jacuzzi hot tub, full kitchen, delivered breakfast each morning,
balcony overlooking Rwy 25, maid service...

Personally, I wouldn't mind staying there forever...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 12th 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Personally, I would classify Charles Manson as bad, and John Hinkley
as deranged, not necessarily bad, drug users as sick, and a good
portion of those in jail as mentally defective. Each classification
requires different treatment, but none deserve to be abused.

Larry, let's talk turkey here. This problem was entirely created by
liberal (what a stupid, inaccurate name!) politicians who -- in the
name of "personal rights" -- have made it completely impossible to
commit someone to a mental hospital against their will.

Because it would be a violation of their personal "rights" to send
them to a place where they can get the help they so desperately need,
they are placed in "out-patient care" -- with no enforcement or
repercussions if they don't show up for treatment.

And, of course, they don't show up. Nor do they take their meds,
which make them feel worse, not better.

So, what happens to these people? They fall through the cracks of
society. After years of drug or alcohol abuse, they are so damaged
that they are incapable of holding a job. Their abuse also triggers
long bouts of deep depression, when they are completely unable to
function in society.

With no real help available (again, thanks to the "liberal"
politicians, who have closed all the mental hospitals) they have two
very real, very awful choices: Starve, or steal. We all know what
their activity of choice is -- you or I would make the same choice.

They then end up in prison, mixed in with the truly awful, truly
violent criminals. It's a horrible, awful, terribly unfair system that
has been ENTIRELY created by well-meaning people just like YOU, who
thought that the minor abuses then taking place in the mental
hospitals merited their complete and utter elimination.

Blaming this on "Bush" or the "Religious Right" is so completely
illogical, and so completely ludicrous, that I just had to speak up.
This problem is just one of many stemming from Lyndon Johnson's "Great
Society", which wreaked havoc on so much of our nation -- all done
with the best of intentions by naive, inexperienced -- no, let's say
it like it is -- STUPID people.

Why/how do I know all this? Because I've got a 57-year old drug and
alcohol-dependent sister who has spent much of her adult life in and
out of "treatment programs", and is now facing prison time for repeat
drunken driving.

She's lost her home, her career, her husband, her son, and everything
she held dear, thanks to her illness. Over the years our family has
tried on multiple occasions to get her the help she so desperately
needed, to no avail.

Under the system folks like you created, her "rights" as a mentally
ill person have guaranteed her a life of living hell. Because she
can't be committed, no help is possible until she demands it -- and
waiting for a mentally ill person to recognize that they need help can
be a long wait, indeed.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 12th 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Uh, well, obviously you haven't stayed in our Red Baron Suite.
Jacuzzi hot tub, full kitchen, delivered breakfast each morning,
balcony overlooking Rwy 25, maid service...

How would you keep him there?

I was going to suggest this tried and true solution:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065051/
Support Your Local Sheriff (1969)

(Jason McCullough) "Gentlemen, do we have a jail here?"

(Mayor Olly Perkins) "Do we have a jail? A brand new one with two cells
that the whole community pitched in and built last month!"

(Fred Johnson) "Just like a barn raising."

(Henry Jackson) "Even the dancehall girls showed up. They made sandwiches
and carried on like crazy."

(Mayor Olly Perkins) "It was designed to be practically escape proof."

(Jason McCullough) "Well, good, because I think I'm going to have to throw
a couple of people in it."

(Mayor Olly Perkins) "There's only one thing. This new jail is sure got
everything."

(Fred Johnson) "Even a new stove with a coffee pot already on it."

(Mayor Olly Perkins) "The only thing it hasn't got is iron bars for the
cells."

[....later]

(Joe Danby) "You expect me to sit here in this lousy cell on that..."

[notices the red paint drippings on the floor]
(Joe Danby) "What is that red stuff all over the floor there?"

(Jason McCullough) "Oh, uh..."

[waves his boot over the paint]
(Jason McCullough) "...that's the poor fella that crossed the line earlier
today."

[...and later, still]

(Joe Danby) "Pa, you always told me there wasn't a jail been built that
could hold a Danby."

(Pa Danby) "Well, now they've built one!"

(Joe Danby) "Aww."

(Pa Danby) "You'll have to stay here for a couple of days."

(Joe Danby) "But we run this town."

(Pa Danby) "I gotta throw in with that sheriff that you don't exactly
dazzle nobody with your intelligence."

P-Mont

Old June 12th 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Are you using Paris Hilton as an example?

With any luck she consequences of ignoring the DUI statutes... or
will have become educated to the the judge.

None of us stays young and stupid forever. She could change.

Is she likely to change faster than ordinary citizens?

Jose
--
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that just want to
know what button to push, and those that want to know what happens when
Old June 12th 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

What is a victimless crime? I'm sure you are going to say smoking pot, but I have my rebuttal ready. :-)

I'll bite. Who's the victim there, and how is it different from smoking
tobacco or drinking wine?

Jose
Old June 12th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Uh, well, obviously you haven't stayed in our Red Baron Suite.
Jacuzzi hot tub, full kitchen, delivered breakfast each morning,
balcony overlooking Rwy 25, maid service...

Well, that's a great life for a prisoner. I bet you even have a comfy
chair, and soft pillows!

Jose
--
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that just want to
know what button to push, and those that want to know what happens when
they push the button.

Wanted Cambridge 1500 mount Andy Soaring 1 October 19th 05 12:33 AM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Home Built 3 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Soaring 2 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
Compaq Aero 1500 Cradle PENN2P Soaring 1 October 18th 04 06:04 PM
1500 K in Sierra Wave?? Gary Kemp Soaring 1 March 31st 04 05:26 AM