Common Route from JYO to FRG?

Old March 16th 05, 05:10 PM
Marco Leon

Default Common Route from JYO to FRG?

Hi all. Can anyone give me an idea of what a common route clearance would be
from the Wash DC area (KJYO) to the Long Island (KFRG) area? I tracked down
a preferred route to the DC area (JFK DIXIE V1 LEEAH V268 BAL KROLL) but I'd
like some ideas from other fliers more familiar with the local ops.
Otherwise I'll just reverse the route and see what they give me.

Thanks,

Marco Leon

Old March 16th 05, 05:27 PM
Roy Smith

In article , Marco Leon mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote:
Hi all. Can anyone give me an idea of what a common route clearance would be
from the Wash DC area (KJYO) to the Long Island (KFRG) area? I tracked down
a preferred route to the DC area (JFK DIXIE V1 LEEAH V268 BAL KROLL) but I'd
like some ideas from other fliers more familiar with the local ops.
Otherwise I'll just reverse the route and see what they give me.

Most of the preferred routes in the northeast are one-way; reversing
them rarely gets you anything useful.

Go to http://tinyurl.com/8w2l. Put in FRG for the destination and ZDC
for the Departure ARTCC. I found 4 routes from DCA-FRG; my guess is
your route would merge with one of these sometime before you left DCA
airspace.

On the other hand, just filing something random and seeing what you
get is a reasonable strategy too :-)
Old March 16th 05, 06:30 PM
Marco Leon

Thanks Roy. I was inputting IAD as the origin and coming up with nothing.
Shoulda tried DCA... That route takes me way over the water--yikes! I think
I'll try something else and see what they give me. If they do give me that
route, you can bet I'll be asking for direct with every handoff until I stay
feet dry!

Marco Leon

Old March 16th 05, 07:42 PM
Doug Carter

Marco Leon wrote:
Hi all. Can anyone give me an idea of what a common route clearance would be
from the Wash DC area (KJYO) to the Long Island (KFRG) area?

Does DUATS know the Preferred Routes?

Asking DUATS "mrb *a" it gives: MRB V3 EMI V419 V210 ARD V445 V123 LGA.
Old March 16th 05, 09:46 PM
Doug Vetter

Marco Leon wrote:
Hi all. Can anyone give me an idea of what a common route clearance would be
from the Wash DC area (KJYO) to the Long Island (KFRG) area? I tracked down
a preferred route to the DC area (JFK DIXIE V1 LEEAH V268 BAL KROLL) but I'd
like some ideas from other fliers more familiar with the local ops.
Otherwise I'll just reverse the route and see what they give me.

Marco,

I fly the route fairly often.

Below 8000 you'll likely get that route or a slight variation thereof:
BAL V268 ENO V16 CYN V1 JFK.

FYI, McGuire (who controls up to 8000) sends all northeastbound traffic
to NY App over / near V1 at 5000 by letter of agreement, so expect a
descent a bit farther out than you might otherwise desire.

Westbound, if for weather or other concerns you want to go around Phili
to the north, you'll need to file 4000. Any higher and the computer
will give you the preferred route to the south. The trick for flying
the northern route is to file for 4000 and ask for higher passing ARD.
They'll give it to you traffic permitting. Once you're clear of the
Class B to the west, many altitudes are available.

HTH,

-Doug

--
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA

http://www.dvcfi.com
Old March 17th 05, 01:33 AM
Michelle P

Marco,
Standard departure from KJYO. MRB then Robrt BAL forget the next fix. V1
5000 over JFK the out to FRG.
Michelle