cessna 340 vs 421

Old November 1st 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bernhard D Rohrer

Default cessna 340 vs 421

I am trying to decide between those 2.

I am tempted towards the 340 because of the high ceiling and towards the
421 because of the more space. I am dubious about cabin legroom in the
340. I am 6'2".

cheers

Bernhard
Old November 1st 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

On Nov 1, 12:21 pm, Bernhard D Rohrer
wrote:
I am trying to decide between those 2.

I am tempted towards the 340 because of the high ceiling and towards the
421 because of the more space. I am dubious about cabin legroom in the
340. I am 6'2".

cheers

Bernhard

Do your homework on the spar/engine AD's etc, before deciding which
series..
Haivng said that, the 340 cockpit is a tight fit for me at 5' 11"....
denny

Old December 19th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bush

I flew a 421 (straight wing) several years ago for some partners, nice
paint, Lilac interior. Low teens was the norm for my stage length (250
nm). The geared engines are quiet however tended to growl a bit while
reducing power in the downwind as the propllers tend to drive the
engines. I see folks on Flightaware flying these up in the flight
levels, they must be hanging on the props.

Bush

On 1 Nov 2007 16:21:04 GMT, Bernhard D Rohrer
wrote:

I am trying to decide between those 2.

I am tempted towards the 340 because of the high ceiling and towards the
421 because of the more space. I am dubious about cabin legroom in the
340. I am 6'2".

cheers

Bernhard

Cessna 182 [email protected] General Aviation 0 April 15th 07 01:39 AM
Cessna 182 [email protected] Home Built 0 April 15th 07 01:38 AM
New Cessna gwengler Piloting 33 October 7th 05 05:34 PM
Cessna 150 My News Simulators 0 September 6th 04 05:40 PM
FS: Cessna 182 [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 May 2nd 04 01:25 AM