New Co-axial kit helicopter

Old September 5th 05, 05:51 PM
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Peter: Thanks, that picture definitely shows the pitch links on the top
blades. However, look at the mass of engine and transmission mounted so
high. To avoid a nose-over, all slide on landings should be conducted
either on ice or a teflon coated airstrip. Alternatively the skids should
be extended out front considerably farther...Dynamic roll overs should be a
lot easier in this bird also. That said, I wish them luck in developing
their pretty bird.. I will definitely have a mention in the next magazine
and use this photo.
Thanks

--
Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine

www.vkss.com
www.experimentalhelo.com

"Peter Seddon" wrote in message
This was the pic that made me think the pitch links go down the main shaft
for the top rotor.
http://www.clubrotor.ru/album/gel8.jpg

The pic also shows the botton swash and pitch links.

All the kamaov machines that I have seen on their webiste have both rotors
controlled by pitch links.

Regards Peter

"Terry Spragg" wrote in message
Peter Seddon wrote:
This website gives quite an interesting history of Kamov who have been
making co-axials for many years
http://avia.russian.ee/vertigo/peopl...v/index_2.html and are the
makers of this latest one.

On this latest single place the lower swashplate is visible in some
photos and it looks like the pitch arms for the upper rotor go down the
center of the main shaft.

Regards Peter

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message

Very interesting. I can't see any pitch control linkage to the blades.
Don't read Russian, but do they say anything about autorotation?

I don't see any evidence of pitch links at all, unless they are

hydraulic,
with rotating hydraulic joints, hydraulic tubes inside the shafts, and
very small actuators.

For autorotation, it could use engine torque actuated linkages to adjust
collective for autorotation. If engine torque goes to zero, pitch goes

negative, pilot alarm is momentary negative gees and imposed descent -
forced autorotation on power loss. I suggested such an idea several

years
ago on this forum. You don't think they stole my idea? Or maybe they
adjust pitch by moving the relative position of three concentric

rotating
shafts up and down a half inch or so? There might not be any cyclic
control at all.

Why not?

Yaw control by differential rotor torque and tailfin in downwash /
slipstream?

Now, if it was only quiet enough to tolerate in your back yard, everyone
would want one. The tranny design is a doddle kept secret by commercial
mil / ind complex, its an automotive differential, with one half turned
inside out.

Terry K