Don't fly Hawaiian airlines

Old November 13th 03, 01:45 PM
Stu Gotts

Not unless your accountant recommends it! ;-)

Hey, didn't you have your laptop at the AOPA thingy? I'm sorry, you
were "working"!

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:48:11 GMT, "Juan.E.Jimenez"
b*d&5^@-b(d)5+.!c#o$m wrote:

Let's hope that since his laptop got trashed, at least he had that.

Come think of it, aren't laptops and vacations supposed to be like matter
and antimatter, if you try to mix them something's bound to blow up?

"Mark" wrote in message
. com...
Don't remember the bad time, but remember the fun you had with your
girlfriend.

Old November 13th 03, 08:30 PM
Juan.E.Jimenez

I was working at AOPA Expo, plenty of evidence of that at:

http://www.aero-news.net/SpecialCont...0Expo%202 003

It was worth the trip. I had a lot of fun and I won the Flightcom Denali ANR
headset that Plane & Pilot was giving away.

Old November 13th 03, 09:32 PM
Peter Gottlieb

This makes sense. This administration makes a priority of silencing dissent
and then believing their policies are wonderful because they hear no
complaints...

"Stu Gotts" wrote in message
Probably the rudeness is escalated with the airline's newly formed
Nazi powers given to them by your federal government. In other words,
NEVER complain while you're in the air. It may be cause for arrest!

Was this flight from the mainland? IF not, why do you need to watch a
movie for a 40 minute flight? I just returned from the Islands 1 week
ago and had good service on both Hawaiian and Aloha airlines.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure your experience sucked. The worst
service I received on our flight was our last hop home on Northwest.
Talk about rude customer serivce. Oh well, too bad an airline
reputation is made by the person making the lowest amount an hour in
pay.

Old November 13th 03, 10:52 PM
Juan.E.Jimenez

The last time someone in the airlines tried that with me, a press badge
turned them several shades of grey. They don't think the government will do
something against you. What they think is that the threat of such will make
people shut up and give the employee his/her ten second power trip, and that
if you do complain, no one will listen and your complaints will be dismissed
into the round file. Countering that with the threat of having several
hundred thousand people hear about their actions the next day, with their
names attached (which I have already done several times, with great
success), works wonders.

By the same token, it is important that we as the consumer community, don't
just walk around with chips on our shoulders. The vast, vast majority of TSA
employees have exactly one thing on their mind -- doing their jobs right in
order to protect lives. If you treat them with respect, you'll be surprised
how much respect they will show to you. Many of the airline ticket counter
and flight crew employees have taken huge pay cuts to help keep the airlines
in business and keep their jobs. That causes a lot of stress, with the
associated consequences. When you are treated well, you should also take the
time to write to the company and tell them about it.

news

Old November 14th 03, 04:20 AM
Mark Hickey

Stu Gotts wrote:

Probably the rudeness is escalated with the airline's newly formed
Nazi powers given to them by your federal government. In other words,
NEVER complain while you're in the air. It may be cause for arrest!

Explain to us how the rights of passengers to complain (or to be
arrested for going postal) has changed at all with the new
regulations. I musta missed that...

Mark Hickey
Old November 15th 03, 04:09 AM
Stu Gotts

Haven't flown much commercial lately, huh?

Old November 17th 03, 04:44 PM
Mark Hickey

Stu Gotts wrote:

Haven't flown much commercial lately, huh?

Errrr, yep. But I haven't seen any indication anything's changed in
regard to the passenger's right to complain. And FWIW, people have
been arrested for popping a gasket on commercial flights for many
years (though it does seem to be more common, but that's probably
because there are more tightly wound passengers these days).

But I'll give you another chance - give us a cite of the regulations
you allude to. I am still entirely in the dark as to what has
changed.

Mark Hickey

Old November 18th 03, 02:53 AM
Stu Gotts

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:44:09 -0700, Mark Hickey
wrote:

Stu Gotts wrote:

Haven't flown much commercial lately, huh?

Errrr, yep. But I haven't seen any indication anything's changed in
regard to the passenger's right to complain. And FWIW, people have
been arrested for popping a gasket on commercial flights for many
years (though it does seem to be more common, but that's probably
because there are more tightly wound passengers these days).

But I'll give you another chance - give us a cite of the regulations
you allude to. I am still entirely in the dark as to what has
changed.

Mark Hickey

I don't play that "Cite the Regulations" game that the mindless need
to exist. Try looking at the daily papers once in a while.

Old November 18th 03, 03:35 AM
Dashi

wrote:

Stu Gotts wrote:

Haven't flown much commercial lately, huh?

Errrr, yep. But I haven't seen any indication anything's changed in
regard to the passenger's right to complain. And FWIW, people have
been arrested for popping a gasket on commercial flights for many
years (though it does seem to be more common, but that's probably
because there are more tightly wound passengers these days).

But I'll give you another chance - give us a cite of the regulations
you allude to. I am still entirely in the dark as to what has
changed.

Mark Hickey

I don't play that "Cite the Regulations" game that the mindless need
to exist. Try looking at the daily papers once in a while.

Why is it "mindless" to not believe everything posted to usenet?

When the "big mouth know it all's" spew their lies, it is good to challenge
them, otherwise someone may actually believe them!

Ba Fungul Stu Gotts!

Dashi

Old November 18th 03, 05:32 AM
Stu Gotts

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:35:48 -0800, "Dashi" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Stu Gotts wrote:

[...]

Okay, that's one guy! Good one Dashi!!!!