Commentary on UAL Pilots' Whining and Bellyaching

Old October 6th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc,rec.travel.air,talk.politics.misc

Default Commentary on UAL Pilots' Whining and Bellyaching

I presented a brain teaser of sorts to my friend who had been a
professional football player and coach.

I asked: "What would you say of a football coach who recruited (within
constraints) less than the best players for his team?"

Well, my friend simply couldn't fathom this. He kept repeating: "You
don't understand; it just doesn't work this way, it just doesn't work
this way," even though I kept repeating: "But what if, what if?"

Finally I put an end to this back-and-forth banter by saying:
"Wouldn't you say that the coach who recruits less than the best
players is stupid?... Or incompetent?... How about dishonest? Maybe
the coach is working angles that are just inconceivable to you? Or how
about insane?... perhaps the coach is just plain insane."

Well, my friend settled down and got the picture that I was trying to
present.

Then I said: "Hold these thoughts!

"Now consider the business manager who kowtows to political
correctness under government enforced equality and who is tolerant of
having less than the best/top-choice subordinates on his work team.
Wouldn't you say that this manager - like the coach above - is
stupid... incompetent... dishonest... or just plain insane."

So now my friend got the point. I could tell by how his face froze
with his eyes bugging out.

NOBODY HAS STOPPED TO THINK ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF EQUALITY BEYOND
THE RANK OBVIOUS. They never considered the personality/psychological
traits of managers and executives who would percolate to the top of
the business heap under the highly illogical and dysfunctional systems
of equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and equal housing
opportunity.

Oh, you have great dishonesty amongst such managers and executives,
and several facets of such dishonesty are selfishness, self-
centeredness, and, most of all, GREED... and out of such greed comes
an emphasis on cheap, cheap labor and DISLOYALTY. Why, such business
managers will stab both Whites and blacks in the back EQUALLY by
forsaking them both by eliminating their jobs domestically and off-
shoring those jobs to East Indians, Chinese, Mexicans and the like.
And those jobs that can't be exported are turned over to illegal
immigrants who are aided and abetted by some of the foremost American
corporations and their legit and illegit lobbying efforts.

Furthermore, out of such greed comes corporate accounting scandals,
and let me tell you that the stories of Enron, Adelphia and Tyco
represent just the tip of the iceberg of what we know. Gadzooks about
the accounting scandals that are yet to be revealed.

Just this day, there was a full-page newspaper ad taken out by the
pilots' union representing pilots at United Airlines about how
callously indifferent United's management has been to its workers'
sacrifices, downwardly equalized wages, and slave-like working
conditions WHILE THESE SAME MANAGERS ARE MAKING OUT LIKE BANDITS WITH
PAY RAISES AND OTHER PERKS!

Note: in my Economics treatise, I explained how wages and benefits,
under government enforced equality would be downwardly equalized to
the perceived value of the least preferred job candidate (within job
category) per the perception of value of the lowest bidding employer.
We are now seeing such things beyond a shadow of a doubt at United
Airlines and at a whole host of other employers throughout our
American economy.

OK, back to the main topic: not only do you have dishonest managers
ascending the executive ranks, you also have stupid and insane
managers ascending the ranks as well. A firm social/psychological
dynamic is as follows: wherever there is dishonesty, moronism and
insanity will fester; wherever there are moronism and insanity,
dishonesty will fester. (Just look to the moron-of-the-day's White
House.)

In my treatise, I stated that as the quarter-billion dollar
compensation of the company's chief executive officer swells to one-
half-billion dollars, the sanity of the nation will be stretched to
the limit. This prediction was made well over ten years ago. Well, it
finally has come true. It was recently reported in the media that the
annual compensation of CEO Barry Diller has exceeded one-half-billion
dollars. YET THIS IS CHUMP CHANGE COMPARED TO THE TWO-BILLION DOLLAR
ANNUAL COMPENSATION PACKAGES OF TOP HEDGE FUND MANAGERS. What else
would you expect in a nation where middle class workers are being
downwardly equalized to sub-black slavery while the business head-
honchos are evolving in mega slave drivers? AND INSANITY IS AT
EPIDEMIC PROPORTIONS IN THIS COUNTRY.

On top of everything else, these stupid, dishonest and insane business
managers are teaming up with their stupid, dishonest, and insane
government counterparts to allow Mexican truckers to deliver their
hauls anywhere in the United States while having you believe that
there will be cost savings under this system that will be passed on to
you. (Now, now, don't believe me when I assert that the cost savings
will go right into the pockets of billionaire business men, NOT
YOURS!)

OK, folks, this is all for now. (NO! SEE ADDENDUM BELOW!!!)

If you want a copy of my treatise entitled "The Downward Wage
Equalizing Effects of Equal Employment Opportunity" just send me a
request by email.

ADDENDUM

An ancient Greek philosopher once said, "Show me a society with lots
of laws and I will show you a perverse society, indeed!"

It's true.

To illustrate, here's an example: the Sarbanes/Oxley law which makes
the Chief Executive Officer of a corporation liable if there are
accounting shenanigans going on in his company.

Well, the business press recently reported that many high ranking
executives at major companies are turning down offers to be promoted
to the top CEO spot due to concerns about running afoul of the
Sarbanes/Oxley law.

What's the consequence of this? Well, with so many people removing
themselves from the field of CEO candidates, to what is the field
being left? I'll tell you: ILK WHO DON'T GIVE A FLYING YOU-KNOW-WHAT
ABOUT THE EXISTENCE OF THE SARBANES/OXLEY LAW.

When you have lots of laws in a society, these law DON'T keep people
on the up-and-up and turn them into honorable citizens. What happens
is that the best upstanding people throw their hands up in disgust and
drop out not wanting to deal with the plethora of laws. THIS LEAVES
THE FIELD TO LOW-LIVES WHO - to repeat - DON'T GIVE A FLYING YOU-KNOW-
WHAT ABOUT THE EXISTENCE OF LAWS.

To make matters much, much worse, when you have totally illogical and
foul laws in the mix - like equality laws which FORCE equality where
there is obviously NONE - then... well, you should be able to draw
your own correct conclusion by now, which should be that only
dishonest, stupid, and/or insane people will rise to the top echelons
of society.