Lat and Long from GPS?

Old December 15th 03, 05:03 PM
LMHAMRIC

Default Lat and Long from GPS?

I'm a novice running FS2004 and trying to learn GPS. One thing that puzzles me
is that I don't see the data of the actual location of the plane on the GPS
display (or anywhere else). Shouldn't it display latitude and longitude of the
plane's current position somewhere? In other words, where the heck am I in
absolute terms, not in terms relative to some airport? Would appreciate
clarification.

Old December 16th 03, 12:05 PM
Quilljar

LMHAMRIC wrote:
I'm a novice running FS2004 and trying to learn GPS. One thing that
puzzles me is that I don't see the data of the actual location of the
plane on the GPS display (or anywhere else). Shouldn't it display
latitude and longitude of the plane's current position somewhere? In
other words, where the heck am I in absolute terms, not in terms
relative to some airport? Would appreciate clarification.

Press M to get the map up and that will give you all you need to know. Much
better still, try the demo copy of FSNavigator and then pay for it later.
It's the best addon you can get for FS2004 You will find it at,

http://www.fsnavigator.com/download.htm

---

Old December 17th 03, 05:12 AM
Dallas

Dashi is giving you a poke in the ribs, but he brings up a good point about
flying:

In flight, you don't care where you are - you care where you are in relation
to something else - airways, airports, alternate airports, airspace...
That's why aviation GPS navigational systems concern themselves with your
position as it relates to your surroundings.

Dallas

"Dashi" wrote in message
Why do you want to know?

Dashi