Air France Accident - The newspaper silliness begins

Old August 3rd 05, 04:40 PM
Greg Farris

Default Air France Accident - The newspaper silliness begins

From Jen Horsey (Canadian Press)

The Airbus A-340's twin tail-mounted engines had just started to burn
when Figiola arrived on the scene less than a minute after the crash.

Old August 3rd 05, 05:04 PM
Michael Houghton

Howdy!

In article ,
Greg Farris wrote:
From Jen Horsey (Canadian Press)

The Airbus A-340's twin tail-mounted engines had just started to burn
when Figiola arrived on the scene less than a minute after the crash.

Ummm... which "twin tail-mounted engines" are you referring to on the
four-engined (on the wings) Airbus A-340?

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix
Bowie, MD, USA | Tablet and Inkle bands, and other stuff

http://www.radix.net/~herveus/wwap/
Old August 3rd 05, 07:34 PM

Wow, Michael... you don't miss a thing : )

I think Greg was quoting some knucklehead Canadian reporter that knows
how to read copy but knows nothings about airliners...

Old August 3rd 05, 07:45 PM
Matt Barrow

wrote in message
oups.com...
Wow, Michael... you don't miss a thing : )

I think Greg was quoting some knucklehead Canadian reporter that knows
how to read copy but knows nothings about airliners...

Don't you people ever say anything nice about the media?

Old August 3rd 05, 09:06 PM

Matt Barrow wrote:
wrote in message

I think Greg was quoting some knucklehead Canadian reporter that knows
how to read copy but knows nothings about airliners...

Don't you people ever say anything nice about the media?

What the hell would we want to do that for?

Old August 3rd 05, 11:08 PM
Fred G. Black

Matt Barrow wrote:

Don't you people ever say anything nice about the media?

I'm waiting for a couple of news stories from the media that are free of
blatant obvious errors before saying anything nice.

Old August 3rd 05, 11:09 PM
Fred G. Black

Old August 4th 05, 02:29 AM
George Patterson

Matt Barrow wrote:

Don't you people ever say anything nice about the media?

Yep. When they say something nice about us. Can't remember exactly when the last
time was, but I'm sure they did sometime. Maybe.

George Patterson