cheap, durable, homebuilt aircrafts- myth or truth?

Old December 29th 03, 01:11 PM
Larry Smith

"Gilan" wrote in message
nk.net...
this is a joke right???
you have to be kidding aren't you???
if you don't know about all the homebuilt kit planes you have to be a
complete idiot.

He's from India, maybe? So why not cut him some slack. It's just a
matter of time before BYB emerges from his cave with a cudgel and attacks.

--
Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

"-=:|SAJAN|:=-" wrote in message
m...
Well as far as i know the concept of home homebuilt aircraft is very
vague because it would work only the aircraft controls are very easy
to understand or a person building it a pilot himself, else, either
the aircraft would crash or it wouldn't take-off. The second thing is
that if they are factory made then such aircrafts would be too costly
to be owned by a common man. Is there really any cheap and durable
homebuilt aircraft?

Old December 29th 03, 04:27 PM
RobertR237

In article , Ron Wanttaja
writes:

Or someone from a country without an established homebuilt aircraft
movement. Note the ".in" domain in the poster's address...I suspect the
poster is from India.

Ron Wanttaja

Now that would explain it!

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old December 29th 03, 05:35 PM
-=:|SAJAN|:=-

Ron Wanttaja thanx for that full fledged explanation. It was really
enlightening. Thanx again.:-)
-=:|SAJAN|:=-
and yes someone guessed it right i m from INDIA.
Old December 29th 03, 11:22 PM
pacplyer

"Gilan" wrote in message ink.net...
this is a joke right???
you have to be kidding aren't you???
if you don't know about all the homebuilt kit planes you have to be a
complete idiot.
--

Well t-h-a-n-k y-o-u, Mr. Ugly American for putting a legitimate
posters question down in flames. I have no doubt, "Gilligan," you

-=:|SAJAN|:=- , I would like to apologize for my moronic countryman's
(Gilan's) senseless attack on you. I was in Mumbi a couple of years
ago, struggling with the government's ATC there. They still seem
determined to keep foreign commercial air traffic at a standstill. Do
they allow many experimentals to fly there?

Best wishes,

pacplyer

Old December 30th 03, 12:36 AM
Darrel Toepfer

"sean trost" wrote...
pacplyer wrote:
"Gilan" wrote...

this is a joke right???
you have to be kidding aren't you???
if you don't know about all the homebuilt kit planes you have to be a
complete idiot.

Well t-h-a-n-k y-o-u, Mr. Ugly American for putting a legitimate
posters question down in flames. I have no doubt, "Gilligan," you
have never been out of the U.S, let alone India, or you wouldn't have
posted anything like this. How old are you anyway?

-=:|SAJAN|:=- , I would like to apologize for my moronic countryman's
(Gilan's) senseless attack on you. I was in Mumbi a couple of years
ago, struggling with the government's ATC there. They still seem
determined to keep foreign commercial air traffic at a standstill. Do
they allow many experimentals to fly there?

Would have to agree with pac on this. Sorry about the moron Sajan.
all the best

Traceroute dies out in Orlando... Florida is, like a whole other
country...

From: "Gilan"
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.homebuilt
Subject: cheap, durable, homebuilt aircrafts- myth or truth?
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 05:21:04 GMT

Old December 31st 03, 02:21 PM
-=:|SAJAN|:=-

"sean trost" wrote...
pacplyer wrote:

this is a joke right???
you have to be kidding aren't you???
if you don't know about all the homebuilt kit planes you have to be a
complete idiot.

Well t-h-a-n-k y-o-u, Mr. Ugly American for putting a legitimate
posters question down in flames. I have no doubt, "Gilligan," you
have never been out of the U.S, let alone India, or you wouldn't have
posted anything like this. How old are you anyway?

-=:|SAJAN|:=- , I would like to apologize for my moronic countryman's
(Gilan's) senseless attack on you. I was in Mumbi a couple of years
ago, struggling with the government's ATC there. They still seem
determined to keep foreign commercial air traffic at a standstill. Do
they allow many experimentals to fly there?

Would have to agree with pac on this. Sorry about the moron Sajan.
all the best

Well thanx sean n "pacplyer" (i wonder what it means). Thanx for
showing ur concern. Now i think i should be in america to buy a mini
aircraft. Still i think that someday i wud own one. There was a news
in the papers on 27th Dec that the government has started allowing
some private individuals n flying clubs to fly their private aircrafts
at the domestic airport in Mumbai. I dont think they allow Foreign
individuals or any experimentals to fly right now. But they soon
will(thats what i think). I think that answers ur question. Thanx
again.
-=:|SAJAN|:=-
Old December 31st 03, 02:23 PM
Lou Parker

RR Urban wrote in message . ..
(-=:|SAJAN|:=-) wrote:

Well as far as i know the concept of home homebuilt aircraft is very
vague because it would work only the aircraft controls are very easy
to understand or a person building it a pilot himself, else, either
the aircraft would crash or it wouldn't take-off. The second thing is
that if they are factory made then such aircrafts would be too costly
to be owned by a common man. Is there really any cheap and durable
homebuilt aircraft?

A USED certified aircraft is the USA is USUALLY cheaper to
purchase than constructing an equivalent NEW homebuilt.

One can USUALLY buy a used homebuilt cheaper than
a comparable one can be built new.

CAUTION:
Before you take me to task for my statements.....
be sure to read carefully for full understanding.

Barnyard BOb -- almost common man

This statement isn't exactly true. As per usual Bob didn't do his
homework. Yes you can buy a used, certified aircraft for less then
completing most homebuilt kits. Example, I can buy a mid 60's Cessna
150 for appox. $18-20,000 and fly today. But look at what you get, a
powerplant that is 40 years old, been rebuilt at least twice or more,
and timed out. Add $15,000 within 2 years. Seats that are worn to the
point of replacement, at least one instument will need replacing
immediatly, and one at a time within the next few years will need
repair or replacement. Although the person selling the plane will tell
you "all a/d's have been done, it has been my experience that there is
always one not done. Not to mention what was missed "accidently" on
the last anual. I hope you get the point. After 4-5 years of building
a plane, you have a brand new plane that will probebly last you a
lifetime. Own a 40 year old trainer for 5 years and tell me you spent
less money and have any thing worth what a 5 year old, one owner plane
is worth.
Old December 31st 03, 05:28 PM
BllFs6

okay...