WTB

Old June 27th 05, 05:11 AM
Smitty

In article ,
GTH wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone around know of a source for F.W.Meredit's "Note on the Cooling of
Aircraft Engines with Special Reference to Radiators Enclosed in Ducts.
British ARC, R&M No. 1683, 1936." ?

I searched the whole internet without finding anything but indirect
references. The British RAE archives mention other papers from Meredith,
but this particular note seems really hard to find.

Anyone happen to have a copy, or a clue as to where to get it ?
Any input appreciated,

Thanks,
Regards,

Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France

Searched the whole internet? I'm guessing you mean the whole World Wide
Web, which is a tiny fraction of the whole internet. Most of the
internet is hidden away behind closed doors, accessible to knowledgeable
information brokers who pay hundreds of dollars per hour to access it.
Virtually everything ever published is out there, but it isn't on google.
Old June 27th 05, 02:55 PM
GTH

Anyone happen to have a copy, or a clue as to where to get it ?
Any input appreciated,

Thanks,
Regards,

Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France

Searched the whole internet? I'm guessing you mean the whole World Wide
Web, which is a tiny fraction of the whole internet. Most of the
internet is hidden away behind closed doors, accessible to knowledgeable
information brokers who pay hundreds of dollars per hour to access it.
Virtually everything ever published is out there, but it isn't on google.

Hey Smitty,

You're right, the World Wide Web isn't the wole Internet. That was a
'figure de rhetorique' as we say in my area.
Do you happen to know about Meredith's paper, or was it just an
Internt/WWW message ?

When I typed 'Any input appreciated', one should have read 'any input
concerning the document in question' ;-)

But I appreciate your message all the same.
Regards,

Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France
Old June 27th 05, 04:31 PM
Corky Scott

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:55:50 +0200, GTH
wrote:

Hey Smitty,

You're right, the World Wide Web isn't the wole Internet. That was a
'figure de rhetorique' as we say in my area.
Do you happen to know about Meredith's paper, or was it just an
Internt/WWW message ?

When I typed 'Any input appreciated', one should have read 'any input
concerning the document in question' ;-)

But I appreciate your message all the same.
Regards,

Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France

Check with the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum Gilles. They may have
this information.

Corky Scott
Old June 27th 05, 05:24 PM
GTH

Check with the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum Gilles. They may have
this information.

Corky Scott

Hi Corky,

Thank you for your message. I'll try the Smithsonian Museum.
By the way, Gregg already proposed a copy of his doucment.

Thanks to all,
Regards,

Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France
Old June 27th 05, 10:36 PM
Yves ESSERTEL

Hi all

I'm very interested too in getting this paper on cooling radiators.
Gregg or Gilles, could you send it to me ?

Gilles, je suis assez souvent sur Le Versoud, j'ai de la famille à
Froges... serait il possible de voir le MCR ????

Merci

TIA

Yves

Remove spam when reply

Old June 28th 05, 01:46 AM
gregg

GTH wrote:

Check with the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum Gilles. They may have
this information.

Corky Scott

Hi Corky,

Thank you for your message. I'll try the Smithsonian Museum.
By the way, Gregg already proposed a copy of his doucment.

Thanks to all,
Regards,

Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France

Hi Gilles,

I haven't forgotten you. I'm looking for he paper but haven't found it yet.
I know it's around here somewhere.

I got my copy from the Write-patterson Library.

--
Saville

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/backstaffhome.html

Restoration of my 82 year old Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/SBOATrestore.htm

Steambending FAQ with photos:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/Steambend.htm

Old June 28th 05, 03:14 PM
GTH

Hi Gilles,

I haven't forgotten you. I'm looking for he paper but haven't found it yet.
I know it's around here somewhere.

Hi Gregg,

There is no need to hurry : the Cranfield University (Great Britain)
Librarian just answered to one of my previous mails. She says she's
sending a copy ;-)
Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Gilles

By the way, I really love your boat !
Old June 28th 05, 11:28 PM
gregg

GTH wrote:

Gilles,

Well if I can't find mine I may have to ask for a copy from you!

Gregg

Old September 21st 05, 01:55 PM
marcus marcus is offline
Junior Member

Hello Collegues,
somebody came up with the idea to post the meredith report. Would like to get a copy. Did someone already scan the doc.
thanks
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTH