Ttransponder question #3

Old September 15th 05, 09:25 PM
Ross Richardson

Default Ttransponder question #3

What do you do when requested to "recycle" your transponder?

--

-------------
Regards, Ross
Old September 15th 05, 09:33 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ross Richardson" wrote in message

What do you do when requested to "recycle" your transponder?

Coax it to operate properly. Wiggle the wheels a little. Turn it off and
on again. Push on the face to ensure good contact. Whatever.

Old September 15th 05, 09:41 PM
Maule Driver

power off, power on, test, cuss

Old September 15th 05, 10:28 PM
Chris Kennedy

Ross Richardson wrote:

What do you do when requested to "recycle" your transponder?

Twiddle knobs, power cycle, whack it harder.
Old September 15th 05, 10:29 PM
Newps

Ross Richardson wrote:

What do you do when requested to "recycle" your transponder?

Immediately buy a new one. You need to spend at least $1500 to make
this work.

Old September 15th 05, 11:04 PM
George Patterson

Ross Richardson wrote:
What do you do when requested to "recycle" your transponder?

Turn it off and then back on.

George Patterson
Old September 15th 05, 11:47 PM
Matt Whiting

Ross Richardson wrote:
What do you do when requested to "recycle" your transponder?

Turn it on. This request means you forgot. :-)

Matt
Old September 16th 05, 12:03 AM
Jay Masino

Ross Richardson wrote:
What do you do when requested to "recycle" your transponder?

I check to see if something isn't set correctly, but othewise I don't do
anything. Turning the transponder off and on again practically guarantees
that it won't transmit for 30 to 45 seconds, because all modern
transponders are build to wait that long, before starting to transmit, to
allow for warm-up.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old September 16th 05, 12:14 AM
Newps

Jay Masino wrote:

Ross Richardson wrote:

What do you do when requested to "recycle" your transponder?

I check to see if something isn't set correctly, but othewise I don't do
anything. Turning the transponder off and on again practically guarantees
that it won't transmit for 30 to 45 seconds, because all modern
transponders are build to wait that long, before starting to transmit, to
allow for warm-up.

If the transponder is already warm then it will transmit right away.
It's not a process that has to be repeated because the switch was turned
to STBY and back.

Old September 16th 05, 12:35 AM
BTIZ

look at the code to make sure it is set correctly..
check to see if the interrogator/response light is flashing
check to make sure it is in transmit and not left in "Standby"
if in transmit, move to standby and back on
BT