Second 747-8 Intercontinental

Old May 17th 11, 05:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

Default Second 747-8 Intercontinental

The second 747-8 Intercontinental in the flight test program. Destined
for Lufthansa, the launch customer.

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	747-830  N6067U  D-ABYE  37826  Lufthansa  aBFI  5-10-11  10-2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	48401
Old May 17th 11, 05:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_4_]

On 17/05/2011 2:26 PM, Bob (not my real pseudonym) wrote:
The second 747-8 Intercontinental in the flight test program. Destined
for Lufthansa, the launch customer.

Bob ^,,^

Didn't Boeing say there was no market for another large aircraft? Maybe
that was just a (very immature) attempt to dissuade people from buying
the A-380.
Old May 17th 11, 10:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Wed, 18 May 2011 02:58:44 +1000, Alan Erskine
wrote:

On 17/05/2011 2:26 PM, Bob (not my real pseudonym) wrote:
The second 747-8 Intercontinental in the flight test program. Destined
for Lufthansa, the launch customer.

Bob ^,,^

Didn't Boeing say there was no market for another large aircraft? Maybe
that was just a (very immature) attempt to dissuade people from buying
the A-380.

The 747-8 is more an update of an existing Boeing product - 747s are
still selling (especially as freighters) but buyers are keen on more
efficient engines, etc.
Old May 19th 11, 12:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
the Legend of LAX[_2_]

On 5/17/2011 2:31 PM, Bob (not my real pseudonym) wrote:

The 747-8 is more an update of an existing Boeing product - 747s are
still selling (especially as freighters) but buyers are keen on more
efficient engines, etc.

At LAX, what I'm seeing is a lot of the 747s being replaced with
777-300ERs & A340-600s.

--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca