Is there a problem with rah?

Old February 5th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

Default Is there a problem with rah?

("Dan" wrote)
Dunno about that, but the youth of today don't appreciate how we
invented such nav aids as the first VOR at Stone Henge.

Remember when Stonehenge was still just a field?

Montblack
Had another birthday this weekend

Old February 6th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 17:08:03 -0600, "Montblack"
wrote:

("Dan" wrote)
Dunno about that, but the youth of today don't appreciate how we
invented such nav aids as the first VOR at Stone Henge.

Remember when Stonehenge was still just a field?

Yeah, and you could land into the wind, no matter which way it was
blowing.

It's nice that they're digging out the old pilots lounge -

I'm hoping they will find my old "hewn from stone" E6B and a couple of early
issues of Sport Aviation I think I left behind because the stone tablets put
my ornithopter over gross on a hot day...

Old February 6th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 22:21:11 -0500, "Kyle Boatright"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

("Dan" wrote)
Dunno about that, but the youth of today don't appreciate how we
invented such nav aids as the first VOR at Stone Henge.

Remember when Stonehenge was still just a field?

Yeah, and you could land into the wind, no matter which way it was
blowing.

It's nice that they're digging out the old pilots lounge -

I'm hoping they will find my old "hewn from stone" E6B...

Hmmmmf. Us REAL old-timers were happy with an E6A....

Ron "Is Stonehenge in Yorkshire?" Wanttaja
Old February 6th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

wrote:

("Dan" wrote)
Dunno about that, but the youth of today don't appreciate how we
invented such nav aids as the first VOR at Stone Henge.
Remember when Stonehenge was still just a field?
Yeah, and you could land into the wind, no matter which way it was
blowing.

It's nice that they're digging out the old pilots lounge -

I'm hoping they will find my old "hewn from stone" E6B...

Hmmmmf. Us REAL old-timers were happy with an E6A....

Ron "Is Stonehenge in Yorkshire?" Wanttaja

Ever heard of Stonehenge pudding?

I remember when the E-6 was an E-1 and the major was a minor.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 6th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Ron Wanttaja" wrote)
Ron "Is Stonehenge in Yorkshire?" Wanttaja

Hey, when did the Atlantis airport go under?

Montblack

Old February 6th 07, 08:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:46:12 -0600, "Montblack"
wrote:

("Ron Wanttaja" wrote)
Ron "Is Stonehenge in Yorkshire?" Wanttaja

Hey, when did the Atlantis airport go under?

Yeah, that was a nice place. They had a little resturant, did great
seafood.

Yeah, but the runway! They were experimenting with that circular runway
idea, way back then!
--
Jim in NC

Old February 6th 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Morgans wrote:

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:46:12 -0600, "Montblack"
wrote:

("Ron Wanttaja" wrote)
Ron "Is Stonehenge in Yorkshire?" Wanttaja

Hey, when did the Atlantis airport go under?

Yeah, that was a nice place. They had a little resturant, did great
seafood.

Yeah, but the runway! They were experimenting with that circular runway
idea, way back then!

Well, they kinda had to do that. Remember the flying saucers they had?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 6th 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
TigerPilot

Usually after a particularly nasty flamefest between a few members, many
people are unwilling to continue reading, so they don't read and don't post.

Give it a couple weeks.

Flamefests, as "righteous" as they may be, damage the group. Just my
opinion.
--
Jim in NC

You are so right, Jim. In the late 90th, this group used to be the
most active group of them all. After some people joined that only had
mayhem on their mind it dwindled down to barely active. It never
really recoverd from that.

Yoram

Old February 6th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Richard Riley says...

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:46:12 -0600, "Montblack"
wrote:

("Ron Wanttaja" wrote)
Ron "Is Stonehenge in Yorkshire?" Wanttaja

Hey, when did the Atlantis airport go under?

Yeah, that was a nice place. They had a little resturant, did great
seafood.

OK,OK OK you guys all I'm gonna say is MOSES was my first flight instructor
and he was tough.Kept hitting me with a big stick when I screwd up :-)

Chuck

Old February 6th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Richard Riley says...

On 6 Feb 2007 05:34:58 -0800, ChuckSlusarczyk
wrote:

OK,OK OK you guys all I'm gonna say is MOSES was my first flight instructor
and he was tough.Kept hitting me with a big stick when I screwd up :-)

Chuck

Did you ever get a chance to fly that big amphib the guy was building?
Noah? It was impressive work, even though the plans were pretty
basic.

Last I saw it it was almost done but it was way short on wing area IMHO. Had
plenty of room tho' :-)

Chuck