Flying as Therapy

Old September 10th 05, 06:18 PM
Flyingmonk

Flting is great therapy, I agree. Keep in mind that like stress,
compacency bites hard. Glad you were able to shake off some of your
'bad day'.

Damn, I miss flying. Anyone have an empty seat nearby? No money to
get back to current at the moment, but willing to buy lunch. : ^).

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old September 10th 05, 06:48 PM
Peter R.

Flyingmonk wrote:

Damn, I miss flying. Anyone have an empty seat nearby? No money to
get back to current at the moment, but willing to buy lunch. : ^).

What is the closest airport to you?

--
Peter

Old September 10th 05, 08:17 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:17:42 -0400, gregg wrote:

It only takes me about 2 seconds to use the vertical scroll bar to get to
the relies at the bottom.

If it's too much work for you feel free to read elsewhere.

and for sure you think that usenet (and mostly the geeks doing this
as a sidejob to their real job) has unlimited resources, too.

your article is distributed to thousands of servers around the world, but
this doesn't affect you as long as your internet connection works.

#m
--
The most likely way for the world to be destroyed,
most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we
Old September 10th 05, 08:41 PM
Flyingmonk

HEF or JYO Manassas and Leesburg in Virginia. Gaithersburg, College
Park or Federick in MD are close enough too!

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old September 10th 05, 08:51 PM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 09:55:49 -0700, "RST Engineering"
wrote in
::

Gregg --

Do you really believe quoting 150 lines for a line and a half response is
the appropriate method of reply?

You forgot to mention Gregg's 14-line signature. :-)

Gregg, and everyone else who hasn't yet, should take the time to
read the Usenet guidelines: http://www.faqs.org/usenet/ before
posting.
Old September 10th 05, 09:26 PM
Matt Whiting

RST Engineering wrote:

Gregg --

Do you really believe quoting 150 lines for a line and a half response is
the appropriate method of reply?

I was thinking the same after reading Kevin's post also. Don't they
teach kids how to delete anymore in school?

Matt
Old September 10th 05, 09:27 PM
Matt Whiting

gregg wrote:

If it's too much work for you feel free to read elsewhere.

Actually, it would be better if you'd feel free to post elsewhere.

Matt
Old September 10th 05, 10:34 PM
gregg

Matt Whiting wrote:

gregg wrote:

If it's too much work for you feel free to read elsewhere.

Actually, it would be better if you'd feel free to post elsewhere.

Matt

I do. Lots of places.

Strange you'd get so worked up over a tiny issue like this but that's life
I suppose.

--
Saville

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/backstaffhome.html

Restoration of my 82 year old Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/SBOATrestore.htm

Steambending FAQ with photos:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/Steambend.htm

Old September 10th 05, 10:35 PM
Flyingmonk

Larry wrote:
Gregg, and everyone else who hasn't yet, should take the time to
read the Usenet guidelines: http://www.faqs.org/usenet/ before
posting.

I've seen this a lot from you Larry, but I thought www.faqs.org was a
website for homosexuals : ^) and I thought you were inviting me to go
to the site and browse. That's why I never did.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old September 10th 05, 10:36 PM
gregg

Martin Hotze wrote:

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:17:42 -0400, gregg wrote:

It only takes me about 2 seconds to use the vertical scroll bar to get to
the relies at the bottom.

If it's too much work for you feel free to read elsewhere.

and for sure you think that usenet (and mostly the geeks doing this
as a sidejob to their real job) has unlimited resources, too.

your article is distributed to thousands of servers around the world, but
this doesn't affect you as long as your internet connection works.

#m

Are you of the opinion that the amount of resources necessary to transmit a
150 or so line post to thousands of servers is somehow debilitating to the
system in a major way? Do you think that you, personally, would see a
major difference in server performance?