Us and Them

Old March 31st 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Walt

Default Us and Them

On Mar 31, 6:28 am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
"It's mighty frustrating ... If the FAA really wanted to kill
GA, as our critics claim, we'd just sit back and do nothing. We'd
leave the air traffic system just the way it is, and let congestion
slowly squeeze them out."http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/834-full.html#194794

"Squeeze them out" of what? The sky?

Clearly she hasn't been flying in most parts of America. The skies are
quite empty, almost everywhere outside of the handfull of major
airports.

The woman needs to get out more often.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

No kidding. I fly out of the second-busiest airport in Montana.
There's more than enough room for everyone, even the magpies.

People who spend most of their time inside the Beltway live in a very,
very skewed fantasyland.

--Walt
Bozeman

Old March 31st 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Larry Dighera wrote:
"It's mighty frustrating ... If the FAA really wanted to kill
GA, as our critics claim, we'd just sit back and do nothing. We'd
leave the air traffic system just the way it is, and let congestion
slowly squeeze them out."

Mighty frustrating all right... that we have so many imbeciles in
in high governmental positions.

Se sounds like a whiney bitch to me.... living proof of the peter
principle.
Old March 31st 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 20:13:59 GMT, kontiki
wrote in :

Larry Dighera wrote:
"It's mighty frustrating ... If the FAA really wanted to kill
GA, as our critics claim, we'd just sit back and do nothing. We'd
leave the air traffic system just the way it is, and let congestion
slowly squeeze them out."

Mighty frustrating all right... that we have so many imbeciles in
in high governmental positions.

Well, we have no one to blame but ourselves for voting the Bush regime
into office for two terms.

Old March 31st 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Larry Dighera wrote:

Well, we have no one to blame but ourselves for voting the Bush regime
into office for two terms.

He is but a small part of the problem, and at least he'll be gone
in two years. Then we'll have another panderer to deal with for 4
more years... maybe even 8, it doesn't matter. Hey.. with a little
luck we'll get the Pandering Champion for president: Hillary Rodham.

What this country needs is term limits for members of congress and the
Senate. Until that happens nothing much will change.
As far as a leader of our nation (i.e. president), the last one we
had was Ronald Reagan.

Old March 31st 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
M[_1_]

A Democratic administration won't be any different. I remember Al
Gore used to be a proponent for user fee as well.

But you're right. We have no one to blame but ourselves, because we
don't fly enough hours, and we don't attract enough new GA pilots to
join our ranks.

The best thing for us to do, other than lobbying the congress, is to
start flying at least 150 hours a year. How's that for a change.

Old March 31st 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

M writes:

But you're right. We have no one to blame but ourselves, because we
don't fly enough hours, and we don't attract enough new GA pilots to
join our ranks.

When the price of becoming a GA pilot is so high, and existing pilots just say
"find a way!" when someone points this out, instead of working to lower the
barriers, it's not surprising that so few new pilots are attracted.

Old March 31st 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Mxsmanic wrote:
When the price of becoming a GA pilot is so high, and existing pilots just say
"find a way!" when someone points this out, instead of working to lower the
barriers, it's not surprising that so few new pilots are attracted.

In case you haven't noticed, the price of *everything is going up...
oil, food, owning a home, medical care you name it. If its something
you really want you do whatever it takes to make it happen.

Of course it would be a lot easier of government would get its
FAT ASS out of the way and let people accomplish their goals
without constant interference or stealing of their hard earned
money (so they can buy votes with it to get getting re-elected).

Old March 31st 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

kontiki writes:

In case you haven't noticed, the price of *everything is going up...
oil, food, owning a home, medical care you name it. If its something
you really want you do whatever it takes to make it happen.

So you're saying that only people who want to fly more than anything else in
the world should be able to do so? Those are the only people willing to do
"whatever it takes," after all.

Apply the same principle to medical care, food, home ownership, and so on, and
see where that leads you.

Old April 1st 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

The real problem is not Bush, it is the entrenched bureaucracy at CIA, State
and Justice over which he has absolutely no control (in reality). They are
undercutting him at every opportunity, and making him look like an idiot. I
have to admit, they are doing a damned good job.