mast bumping r22 questions

Old April 13th 04, 09:46 PM
PJ Hunt

Default mast bumping r22 questions

So it's been almost a year now since the last post and I'm dying to know,

What ever happened to this clown?

PJ

===================================
"Murphy's law" wrote in message
m...
Dennis Fetters wrote in message

Murphy's law wrote:
Well, it is obvious that you are no rocket scientist to try and say

that
if a tail boom gets cut of in and accident that it was mast bumping.

By
the way, you better read your contract.

Obviously if the rotor blades cut off the tail boom first the mast

bumping occurs.

Obviously, your ignorance in the matter astounds us all.

You are an ignoramus. That is why you could not even copy the
brilliant design of Augusto Cicare. I rest the case.

I'm ignorant? Where on the totem pole dose that place you? The root?

Well, you rest your case with no foundation or facts. Here I'll post the
facts about the dealings between Augusto Cicare and myself, so people
can read what really happened, not what you are trying to insinuate.
Also, it was later that Augusto Cicare posted a statement that I did not
copy his system, and that they are indeed to separate designs.

From: )
Subject: Part 3 - Revolution Helicopters Defense to False Accusations
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.homebuilt
Date: 1998/10/21

Revolution Helicopters Defense to False Accusations - Part 3

Wednesday, Oct. 21, 1998

Dear Newsgroup Participants,

This is the final segment of my three part report on the issues

concerning
Revolution Helicopter and the Mini-500.

Today's post will regard the subjects of:

~ The Fetters / Cicare Facts
~ Magazines? Articles / US Aviator
~ Closing statements

I hope it gets the information across, and all who read it will now
have another view to consider.

~ The Fetters / Cicare Facts----

There is no secret about the dealings I had with Mr. Cicare. Even
though it?s all documented facts, some people try to make it sound like
a big conspiracy that RHCI is trying to cover up. That?s not the case at
all, but naturally we no longer place the information about our early
involvement in present day brochures. I?ll explain what took place,
while making the story as brief as possible.

As many of you know, before I started RHCI, I had a company called Air
Command and produced the Commander giroplanes. Then, Air Command sold
97% of all gyroplanes being built in the world, and shipped 1100
aircraft. I was already a commercial rated helicopter pilot, and gaining
and interest in designing a helicopter.

In the fall of 1989 I received a call from a man in California called
Hugo Zucarelli, who explained to me that he had a friend in Argentina
that had built a small helicopter, and he was doing him a favor by
looking for someone to build them. Finally, I received a video of the
Cicare prototype flying, and it gained my attention. After many phone
conversations with Mr. Cicare, my wife Laura and I traveled to Argentina
in the spring or 1990 to see his machine.

1---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
I flew the prototype, and with
my evaluation informed Mr. Cicare that I would be interested to build
them, but only if we redesigned it by improving the design in many
areas, and enclosing it with a cabin. He then agreed to a deal as to
where I would buy the prototype, sell my present company Air Command and
start a new company to build the helicopter. In this new company Mr.
Cicare would own part of it, and be paid a commission for every
helicopter shipped. His part would be to provide his prototype, rights
to his Argentine patent on his control system, and come to the USA to
help me redesign the helicopter and put it into production. All was
agreed to.

-----
Next, to my surprise, Mr. Zucarelli called me and asked for a
large commission for setting us up to make a deal! So much for doing a
friend a favor, and he never mentioned anything like that before. Both
Mr. Cicare and I turned him down.

I came back to the USA, and started with what I could do. First we
needed money, and I needed to find an investor to help us out. We also
wrote the contract for the deal we had agreed to and sent it to him to
sign. Now the 1990 Oshkosh was coming up fast, so I paid for the
prototype to be sent here so I could fly it in the show. This would help
bring an investor to the table and allow us to raise the money to pay
the $30,000 for the prototype and all the expenses for the development.
After the air show, we put the prototype into a storage building, and
Mr. Cicare had the only key. We never had access after that to the
prototype.

The airshow did the job, and I was able to find some people ready to
jump. Now came the trouble. First, Mr. Cicare would not sign the
contract, and none of the investors would do anything until that
happened. Next, Mr. Cicare was supposed to come to the USA and help me
in the design of the new helicopter, which he never did. This also made
the development of the Mini-500 take much longer without his help or the
prototype. Add to that, I had to invest my own personal finances to get
Revolution going. I couldn?t get outside investors, because time after
time we would lose any potential investors from the reluctance of Mr.
Cicare to sign the contract. He wanted to now change the deal after he
saw the response from Oshkosh, which I was reluctant to do since I was
putting all of the investment and work into the deal.

Next, we found out that Mr. Cicare was dealing behind our back with a
separate deal with a company then called Helicraft. He was selling them
the plans and rights to his previous design of the CH-5! This was
competition we didn?t count on, and a direct conflict of interest. I was
in trouble. I sold my only source of making a living, Air Command, and
put my personal money into the Mini-500, and because of the contract and
conflict of interest situation, no more people were interested in
investing. I then gave Mr. Cicare an ultimatum...... Cancel the deal
with Helicraft, and sign the contract by January 15, 1991, or I would
have to do the project without him. Simply, the deadline came and went
with only the comment from him that I could not do it on my own. The
deal was off, and I was on my own with a helicopter project that I not
only financed and designed all by myself, but without the benefit of the
prototype to even look at.

2---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
Later, I even redesigned and improved the
control system to the point that it was different enough to merit it?s
own patent #5,163,815, issued Nov. 17, 1992.

------
This is not the end of the story. We found out later that Mr. Hugo
Zucarelli was visiting Italy, and noticed an ad from our distributor
there, Mr. Barbero of Ellisport. Mr. Zucarelli approached them and
convinced them to make a deal with Mr. Cicare and build their own
helicopter, the CH-7. Well, as you know this is what did happened.

3---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
After, Mr. Cicare applied for a patent on his control design and was
issued #5,165,854 on Nov. 24, 1992. I found out later that the original
idea for this control system was not invented by Mr. Cicare! It was, and
is being used on the Kaman helicopters. The difference is that on the
Kaman, the controls operate trim tabs on the tips of the rotors. Still,
there was enough difference between all three that they all merited
their own patents.

------
Later, I received another call followed by a fax from Mr. Zucarelli
asking me to reconsider a deal with Mr. Cicare, because the deal was
falling apart in Italy. Come to find out, Mr. Zucarelli hit them up for
a commission for setting the deal up, and the Barbero?s took offense to
it in a big way. Also, they told Mr. Cicare that unless he stopped RHCI
from building the Mini-500, they would stop their deal with him. After
he finished helping them put the CH-7 into production, they did just
that, and to this day Mr. Cicare has only got the money for the
prototype, and nothing more from Ellisport. The rest is history.

I still respect Mr. Cicare for his own accomplishments. I truly wish it
would have worked out with him, I could have finished the project much
faster and with a lot less of my money invested. Deals come and go,
there?s nothing new about that. It was out of my hands to make him sign,
so I continued with the project rather then go bankrupt because he
changed his mind.

Now, let's see here the facts 1, 2, 3 : your statement with your own
words.
Read it more closely & slowly.
"Later, I even redisigned & inproved the control system to the point
that was different enough".
Different enough from what? Cicare's?
At that time you did not know that Kaman design existed, the so called
"original idea".
So you only had one control system to redisign & improve. Cicare's.
Any way you slice it, the original concept of-control system & drive
train etc.-is not yours. Only the redisign (M500) of the original CH6.
Anyone can apply for patent, original or redisign.
No one is disputing the fact that you created the M500.
But the design idea of the M500 did come from Cicare's CH6.
You admit it in your own statement.
So therfore you are liable for all the M550s' design characteristics.
Good or bad.
What more proof do you need?

From: )
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.homebuilt

Old April 14th 04, 03:11 AM
Murphy's law

Dennis Fetters wrote in message . com...
Murphy's law? I'm sure he's still out there somewhere.

Oh, I see Murphy's law is very much on your mind ;-)

From: )
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.homebuilt

Old April 14th 04, 03:20 AM
Dennis Fetters

Murphy's law wrote:

Dennis Fetters wrote in message . com...

Murphy's law? I'm sure he's still out there somewhere.

Oh, I see Murphy's law is very much on your mind ;-)

No, not at all. Sorry.

PJ Hunt wrote:

So it's been almost a year now since the last post and I'm dying to know,

What ever happened to this clown?

PJ

===================================
"Murphy's law" wrote in message
.com...

Old April 14th 04, 11:18 AM
Murphy's law

Murphy's law wrote:

Dennis Fetters wrote in message . com...

Murphy's law? I'm sure he's still out there somewhere.

Oh, I see Murphy's law is very much on your mind ;-)

No, not at all. Sorry.

Yes, yes at all. You'll be even more sorry, when you bump into Murphy's law again

Old April 14th 04, 05:20 PM

To Dennis Fetters:

When are you going to make the blueprints/plans/instruction manuals to
the Mini500 available for sale? Since you have apparently closed
Revolution Helicopters you can't say it would interfere with sales.
In fact, the availability of blueprints might actually *increase* the
value of existing Mini-500's.

Dennis H.

Dennis Fetters wrote:

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video: http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm

Old April 14th 04, 10:33 PM
Murphy's law

obviously I would never discuss these matters in a public forum.
Sincerely,
Dennis Fetters

Obviously no discussion that you would ridicule yourself, that is your
most valuable asset
Old April 14th 04, 11:09 PM

Dennis Fetters wrote:

You are welcome to ask such questions to me on my personal email, but
obviously I would never discuss these matters in a public forum.

I have had trouble sending you direct email before. Please send me
one at my address so I can get your proper working address.

Dennis H.

Old April 15th 04, 09:38 AM
Cam

Me too, if you don't mind Dennis