Cheap rudder pedals on Ebay.

Old May 17th 06, 11:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default Cheap rudder pedals on Ebay.

Any views on these rudder pedals on Ebay? Would they be completely useless?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rudder-Pedals...QQcmdZViewItem

Old May 17th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

They look like they'd certainly do the trick but looking at the
quality of the listing I'd be cautious about purchasing these. But
that might just be my own personal weariness of eBay.

Cheers, Adrian
http://www.ausflightsim.net
Old May 17th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

About 3 years ago, I "won" a set of CH gameport pedals - I already had
a gameport throttle and stick, so I figured that I couldn't get USB
pedals. After the auction, I sort of felt like kicking myslef, sure
that between likely age, or gameport or winXP issues, the thing would
never run.

Lo and behold, three years later, the thing still works. Though the
manual claims that it needs a twin port (or connector - I forget the
actual language) gameport like the Thrustmaster ACM (there were no such
cards made for PCI, and of course there are no more ISA on today's
MoBo's) and despite CH's insistence that the pedals won't work under
XP, the pedals were hooked up painlessly. The trick is that when you
have to add them under the game controls menu on control panel, you
have to enable them before you enable the other controls.

There may be something kludgy about the actual implementation - I can
almost never get the hat-switch to work on my FCS. Between XP, the
pedals, the board and the other controls and my clutziness, I have no
idea where the problem really is, but the plusses really outweigh the
minuses. If you want to fly chopper sims (even those on MSFS), pedals
are pretty-much indispensable. Also, they're great for pre-modern sims
as well. I spent about $30 on mine. There's no doubting that buying
used hardware is always going to be a gamble, no less so on E*Bay, but
it's hardly a losing proposition.

Old May 29th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

I'm on my second NEW set in 4 years, and they're nearly worn out.
Draw your own conclusions.

Old May 29th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Jeroen Wenting wrote:
I'm on my second NEW set in 4 years, and they're nearly worn out.
Draw your own conclusions.

You use them for a jogging simulation?

Old July 11th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Blackarrow

Default Rudder pedals

Gidday all , I have just brought a set of these pedals from this guy,
they do do the trick !! I have just built a simple stand for
everything to bolt to IE: throttle ,stick and pedals. I inverted the
pedals and bolted onto frame so that the top of the pedal ,which is
now the bottom is aprox 100mm above the floor this is a lot more
comfortable and more realistic to my needs . IE: ultralight flying.
What I'm looking at in the very near future is pulling them apart and
using the circuit board to make some metal ones up taking the pattern
of the original. They are pretty simple and should last for years
when all metal. The only thing That I can think of down side is they
can both be pushed down together so you have to remember to release
your pressure off after you finish your turn on each pedal. all in
all I reckon they are pretty good for price, Heres a thought , You
could also chop them in half and spread them apart and mount them on
a wider board. Hope this helps Regards Blackarrow.