Glass Goose Website revamped

Old December 14th 04, 02:57 PM
wingsnaprop

Default Glass Goose Website revamped

Looks like the Glass Goose website has been re-vamped. I know Tom Scott
was putting in a Jabiru Engine in the Goose. I wonder what the progress
on that is.

I also have started a Yahoo group for discussion about the GlassGoose
and it's potental at:

Please join.

Clear skies

Old December 14th 04, 06:17 PM
Darrel Toepfer

geo wrote:

Good news. A unique fast, 2-place composite amphib that deserves greater
success.

Not available as homebuilt, but appears more viable:
http://www.skyshops.org/mermaid-main.htm
and has 2" more cabin width, a bit slower in cruise (might be to satisfy
the sport pilot feds)...
Old December 14th 04, 06:29 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Darrel Toepfer wrote:

geo wrote:

Good news. A unique fast, 2-place composite amphib that deserves
greater success.

Not available as homebuilt, but appears more viable:
http://www.skyshops.org/mermaid-main.htm
and has 2" more cabin width, a bit slower in cruise (might be to satisfy
the sport pilot feds)...

Apparently it will be available as a homebuilt, kinda pricey though:
http://www.airplane.cz/news/news-2004-09-13.htm
Old December 14th 04, 11:10 PM
geo

What's the logic of a metal amphib? How long will it last in salt water
service? Why not composite which is not susceptible to corrosion?

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote in message
.. .

Old December 15th 04, 03:56 AM
Darrel Toepfer

geo wrote:

What's the logic of a metal amphib? How long will it last in salt water
service? Why not composite which is not susceptible to corrosion?

The previous version of this bird (Seahawk) had problems keeping its
wings on... http://www.glassgoose.com/seahawker_support.html

There are lots of aluminum boats in sal****er (painted and not), just
have to make sure you used the correct alloy...

Anytime you have metal in water, you'll have electrolysis, easily fixed
with sacrificial anodes. I believe all the gear is metal, regardless of
the hull material...

Glass Goose support? George W. Shrub Home Built 0 September 18th 04 02:12 AM
Future of Glass Goose? geo Home Built 16 May 2nd 04 10:37 PM
Glass Goose still around? geo Home Built 5 March 2nd 04 08:04 AM
Off Topic - Spruce Goose Steve Beaver Home Built 30 January 24th 04 05:59 AM
Glass Goose Dr Bach Home Built 1 August 3rd 03 05:51 AM