plane to carry bikes?

Old January 10th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default plane to carry bikes?

Richard Riley wrote:

The Shorts was the first suggestion (way upthread), but it's not big
enough for his mission. He wants 5 Honda Gold Wings (800 lbs each)
and their riders. I don't think anything short of a C-119 or a C-123
is big enough.

Yeoch!!
FIVE Goldwings?

Boy was I off.
I was thinking of a bike and a babe....

Old January 10th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

AINut wrote:
This one sounds really interesting! However, how would one get the
bikes in and out?

David M.

Jean-Paul Roy wrote:

And here is the single engine version of the Explorer sold in Canada. A
flying motor home.
http://www.exploreraero.com/flashed.html

Hope this helps

Jean-Paul

"AllThumbs" wrote in message
oups.com...

Here's a link I found on Ron Wanttaja's page of links
http://www.coastcomp.com/av/fltline2/avion.htm

Hey, no need to get fancy. The question was about carrying bikes. No
one said anything about getting them out of the airplane.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old January 10th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" wrote in message
Hey, no need to get fancy. The question was about carrying bikes. No one
said anything about getting them out of the airplane.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

If there is access to a door the big cabin on that plane could probably
accomodate a folding aluminum ramp or something similar.

Harold
KD5SAK

Old January 11th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Richard Lamb wrote:

Richard Riley wrote:

The Shorts was the first suggestion (way upthread), but it's not big
enough for his mission. He wants 5 Honda Gold Wings (800 lbs each)
and their riders. I don't think anything short of a C-119 or a C-123
is big enough.

Yeoch!!
FIVE Goldwings?

Boy was I off.
I was thinking of a bike and a babe....

Heck with the bike I'll take the babe and the plane!
John

Old January 12th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

No, 2-4 big bikes, but thanks.

Richard Riley wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:29:25 GMT, Richard Lamb
wrote:

:This is rec.aviation.homebuilt, dude.
:
:A two-seat half scale Short Skyvan with Rotax 912's and electric
rops?
:You won't have standing headroom, but the bike should fit easy.
:
:Roll the bike up the aft ramp into the cargo bay
:
:Weigh the weight and balance so that the cargo bay is on the
:center of lift and a bike doesn't create CG problems.