What a Landing!

Old January 28th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin

Default What a Landing!

NW_Pilot wrote in
:

What a Landing looks like it was flat and way to fast!

I thought Beaver Marsh was closed during winter.

Old January 29th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

--

I read in another article about this incident that this airport is
closed in the winter. I guess that explains all the snow on the

Phil
Old January 29th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

NW_Pilot wrote:
What a Landing looks like it was flat and way to fast!

http://www.katu.com/news/local/14446792.html

Adds new meaning to the term short though!
Old January 29th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

"Phil J"

http://www.katu.com/news/local/14446792.html

Two things surprise me about this. One - how short the landing "roll"
was. It looks like it stopped in about 50 feet. I would have thought
it would take a longer skid than that to stop the airplane. Two - the
nose gear didn't collapse!

Looks like the airplane fared pretty well, all things considered.

BTW, KATU is a fairly aviation-friendly local news channel. I enjoy
watching their helicopter come in to Troutdale every day. He lands it on a
wheeled dolly that looks about the same size as the skids, and then pulls it
into the hangar with a tractor. Fascinating to watch.

-c

Old January 29th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 29, 10:17*am, "gatt" wrote:
"Phil J"

Looks like the airplane fared pretty well, all things considered.

BTW, KATU is a fairly aviation-friendly local news channel. * I enjoy
watching their helicopter come in to Troutdale every day. * He lands it on a
wheeled dolly that looks about the same size as the skids, and then pulls it
into the hangar with a tractor. * Fascinating to watch.

Yea, channel 10 and channel 3 do that here in Sacramento too. Just a
little platform with 4 castering wheels and an ATV to pull it into the
hanger. I'm sure a regular powertug would have worked just fine but I
guess if someone else is buying
-Robert
Old January 30th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Test post..(My earlier reply missing) new newsreader..

Dave

Old January 31st 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

On Jan 28, 9:01*am, NW_Pilot wrote:
What a Landing looks like it was flat and way to fast!

http://www.katu.com/news/local/14446792.html

That's deep.

Wil