Ungrateful Americans Unworthy of the French

Old October 8th 03, 01:41 AM
Marc Reeve

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Pierre-Henri Baras" wrote in message

Actually it's Germany 3 France 0.
Shows your knowledge of european history.....
Enough said.

What three conflicts would that be?

Yeah, by my score, it's

Napoleon vs. Prussia - a clear win for France
Franco-Prussian War - a clear win for Germany
World War I - "no decision"
World War II - a clear win for Germany in 1940

so that's a 2-1-1 record for Germany.

-Marc

--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is
Old October 8th 03, 02:29 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"The Black Monk" wrote in message
om...

He means the Franco-Prussian war.

That's one. What are the other two?

Old October 8th 03, 02:31 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Marc Reeve" wrote in message
.. .

World War I - "no decision"

Did Germany not surrender?

World War II - a clear win for Germany in 1940

But a clear loss in 1945.

Old October 8th 03, 02:35 AM
Steve Hix

In article ,
"Pierre-Henri Baras" wrote:

Germany 2, France 0, enough said.

Al Minyard

Actually it's Germany 3 France 0.
Shows your knowledge of european history.....
Enough said.

*You're* counting WW1 as a loss to Germany?

Amazing.
Old October 8th 03, 04:58 AM
Ugly Bob

"ArVa" wrote in message
"Steven P. McNicoll" a écrit dans le
message de nk.net...

"Pierre-Henri Baras" wrote in message

Actually it's Germany 3 France 0.
Shows your knowledge of european history.....
Enough said.

What three conflicts would that be?

Pierre-Henri was probably refering to the war of 1870, won by the Germans

at

Though, technically, Germany didn't exist until 1871, after the war.
Just thought I'd muddy the waters even further :-)

-Ugly Bob

the expense of France who lost some territory in the eastern part of the
country (this heavy defeat was also the signal of the end for the second
empire and the French people eventually gained a new republic, the third),
but I agree with your other post : Germany did loose WWI to the Allies and
this war is anything but a defeat for France (well, I know some who won't
agree with that...).

ArVa

Old October 8th 03, 01:57 PM
The Black Monk

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message ink.net...
"The Black Monk" wrote in message
om...

He means the Franco-Prussian war.

That's one. What are the other two?

France was defeated by Germany in WWII (despite putting up a fight
that was more heroic than the Americans had done in 100 years).

WWI was a draw. Probably Germany WOULD have won had the Americans not
entered the war. But, as the articles showed, not because of French
lack of courage or fighting prowess.

regards,

BM
Old October 8th 03, 02:01 PM
The Black Monk

"tscottme" wrote in message ...
The Black Monk wrote in message
om...
The French

by Gary Brecher

The new big thing on the web is all these sites with names like "I
Hate France," with supposed datelines of French military history,
supposedly proving how the French are total cowards. If you want to
see a sample of this dumbass Frog bashing, try this:

Yeah and the French were ruled by gay kings and lead by mentally-ill
girls, should we treat the French as if that ancient history is still
current?

And America is led by a mildly retarded "dry drunk" who, like a one
year old, almost choked to death on a pretzel. Prior to that it was
led by a degenerate hillbilly who was getting blow jobs from a fat
chick while on the phone with senators. Etc. etc.

Maybe we should.

--

Scott

The below must be a joke, right?

--------
"Interestingly, we started to lose this war only after the embedded
reporters pulled out. Back when we got the news directly from Iraq,

Er...from the army.

there was victory and optimism. Now that the news is filtered through
the mainstream media here in America, all we hear is death and
destruction and quagmire..." Ann Coulter
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2003/091703.htm

This bitch should have worked for Pravda 20 years ago. She's a
typical, aggressively unattractive and tasteless American woman.
Actually, no. She would have to put on another 80 lbs. to be a
typical American "Jennifer".

BM