All I wanted to do is try to fly on a 747!!!

Old January 31st 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default All I wanted to do is try to fly on a 747!!!

Rich Ahrens wrote in
use.com:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

If there was only one carrier in the world you would probably see
just exactly what you want. One big ass plane flying from A to B as
few times per period as possible. Fortunately we don't have a
monopoly on flight in this country so one of the variable that
comes up in the equation is when do the passengers want to fly.
Some want to leave at 0700 some at 0900 some at 1300 some at 1700
some at 2000.
So vast numbers of aircraft wait in line to take off and land with
60% load factors instead of a handful of large aircraft fully
loaded. Yes, that will work wonders for society in the long run.

Is it any surprise that airspace is crowded?
No it isn't. A lot of people need to go places.
Fewer aircraft would allow them to go places with less traffic.

Yes, let's everybody, the intire East Coast, go to Buttfjukk Iowa for
the weekend.

Meeting up with Jay in RL?

Yeah! I wanna sit in his sim and watch top gun!

Bertie
Old January 31st 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Rich Ahrens wrote in
use.com:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
wrote in
@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

On Jan 30, 11:24 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
wrote in news:767a019c-11bb-401d-9e25-

1ed848f1acd7
@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Why would anyone want to fly as SLF in a
a 747? First class is nice, but coach just
plain sucks. I've flown to Tokyo and London
in one and it was the least tolerable jetliner
I've ever flown in.
I agree.
Last weekend from Houston to Amsterdam in a 747 (8 hours +), that
hurts.
The seating in my C150 is less cramped than in that thing.(And the
onboard food is better too)
Try getting a Cessna 150 from Houston to Amsterdam.
It takes a loooooooonnng time.

Bertie
In a container onboard a 747, 8+ hours I think.

He he!

Probably cheaper than flying it yourself.

Let's see. With tanks, you could probably get about 1100 miles range
out of one with a bit of reserve. So, Houston to, say, Columbus Ohio,
about 500 bucks Ohio to Sept Isle Quebec, another 500. Sept Isle to
Goose, about 750 ( fuel price) Goose to Narsarsuaq another 750.
Narsarsuaq to Rejkavik about 2000 ( you will have to buy an entire
200 litre barrel of avgas there at about 25 bucks a gallon) Rejkavik
to Stornaway, another 750 or therabouts and then on to Amsterdam for
another 750 or so.

I make that $5500 off the top of my head.

Oh yeah, this would be asingle seat airplane as you would have to
stick a tank in the right seat and remove the right hand stick!

Oh, and before you ask Larry, Yes, you would be overweight and yes it
would be legal.

You're speaking from experience, of course!

Well, ..

Not lately anyway.

Bertie
Old January 31st 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

writes:

The days of 747 service are numbered ...

People have been saying that for forty years.
Old January 31st 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

The days of 747 service are numbered ...

People have been saying that for forty years.

2 years before it was flown commercially... You are so full of ****, it's
unbelievable.........

Old January 31st 08, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

ManhattanMan writes:

2 years before it was flown commercially...

Yes. The predictions were made even before it started to fly.

Yes, they said it about just about every airplane ever.

What's your net post gonna be, "The sun'll come up, tomorrow, bet your
bottom dollar that tomorrow....

Bertie
Old January 31st 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon

On Jan 30, 2:35 pm, wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
[..]
And flying many small aircraft is always less efficient than flying a few
large ones.

If you think really, really, hard, you might understand why that statement
isn't true.

Image of Curly uttering "tryin' to think but nothin' happens"

Regards,
Jon
Old January 31st 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
dgs[_3_]

Jon wrote:

On Jan 30, 2:35 pm, wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:
[..]

And flying many small aircraft is always less efficient than flying a few
large ones.

If you think really, really, hard, you might understand why that statement
isn't true.

Image of Curly uttering "tryin' to think but nothin' happens"

I was thinking in more contemporary terms: Homer Simpson's "Brain, you
don't like me, and I don't like you."
--
dgs

Wanted ASW 20 Bruno Soaring 1 May 25th 05 11:10 PM
WANTED GPS OSKI 3 Owning 1 December 1st 04 04:17 PM
Wanted: One man rig Rich Chesser Soaring 0 August 13th 04 12:36 PM
Wanted: ASW-20, ASW-17 Dan Bourgeois Soaring 0 August 11th 04 06:49 PM
wanted to buy Cy Galley Aviation Marketplace 0 October 16th 03 04:14 AM